• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Bulldogs sign Brent Naden on 2-year contract

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2021/04/28/bulldogs-sign-brent-naden-on-2-year-contract

The Bulldogs have added to their strike power for the next two seasons with the signing of talented centre Brent Naden from the Penrith Panthers.

The 25 year-old has committed to the blue and whites until the end of the 2023 season.

Naden, from Wellington in the Central West of New South Wales, started his NRL career with the Panthers in 2019 and has currently played in 30 NRL matches, scoring an amazing 20 tries during that time.

Chief Executive Aaron Warburton was delighted to be able to secure the talents of such an exciting young player:

"Adding someone of Brent's ability to our backline is tremendous news for our Members and fans, as we build towards the future.

Brent is a proven try scorer, with a phenomenal strike rate in his NRL career so far, and we believe that he will be part of a great backline for next season and beyond.

He has an excellent relationship with Trent Barrett and the potential to continue to improve. We look forward to what Brent will bring to the Bulldogs, and are pleased that we have added another vital piece to the squad that we are putting together to take this club forward."

Trophy Points
Great pickup....

2022 looking like.

1. Meaney/Averillo
2. Allan
3. Naden
4. Cotric
5. Addo Carr

6. Burton
7. Flanagan

8. Napa
9. ?????
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. Jackson
13. Waddell

14. Topine
15. Doorey / Hetherington
16. RFM / Hetherington
17. Atoni / Hetherington

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm interested to see if Baz gives JAC a shot at the back.. he's got the fitness and competitiveness to handle it

I've a good feeling Rudolph will be in the Blue & White.. I think prior to the Morris axing he was committed to the Sharks but is now open to other offers

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Great pickup....

2022 looking like.

1. Meaney/Averillo
2. Allan
3. Naden
4. Cotric
5. Addo Carr

6. Burton
7. Flanagan

8. Napa
9. ?????
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. Jackson
13. Waddell

14. Topine
15. Doorey / Hetherington
16. RFM / Hetherington
17. Atoni / Hetherington

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Averillo could fit well at hooker that leaving a toss up at fullback for Meaney or DWZ.
Jackson I still believe is past his use by date and if Okunbur comes back and plays well he could well fight on the wing for Allan's spot unless Allan improves . I've not seen much of him yet to impress.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Forgot Naden had already played quite a bit of left centre in the top grade... a Naden Fox combo would be insane.. I still think Ivan's taking a risk playing Staines over Brent this season even though Staines replaced Mansour but you could play Brent on the wing