• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Car Trends That Annoy You

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
HUGE grills. Looking at you, BMW.

images (30).jpeg

Seriously, the fuck is that? Looks like a pig snout. Unless you're a car from the '50's stop it.

Fake vents. Especially on shitty cars like Civic, Camry and the Celica 86.

images (31).jpeg

(with apologies to blue boost)

Those stupid wank factor dynamic indicators or whatever they're called. Who in the fuck cares enough to pay hundreds of dollars to change the way your indicator blinks. I've heard it costs $800 on Audis?

Fake exhausts. Euro cars are notorious for this shit. See them a lot of Mercs.

images (32).jpeg
images (33).jpeg

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
What annoys me is the backfiring of the sequential gear box that all the Europe cars have especially the VW.

Trophy Points
Huge grilles are to detract from the every growing emblems. Mercs and Mazda I'm looking at you mainly. New models it's almost the bloody size of your head!

1. Driving aids making lazy drivers even lazier:
Lane Departure Warning = now I can drive with one hand.
Blind Spot Monitoring = Fuck checking my blind spot, I'm sure this will do it for me.
Automatic Parking / Assisted Parking = If you need this, you need to hand in your license.
Reversing Cameras = I can *kinda* see a need in some cars, or I dunno, maybe design cars with better visibility.

2. SUVs in suburbia for no decent reason.
My folks have one, but then again it's because it's easier for them to get in and out of compared to a regular sedan.
For most though, its a wank factor and they often have smaller boots even than medium sized hatcbacks!

3. Driving lights that can be turned on WITHOUT full headlights.

4. Everything else you mentioned in OP.

What annoys me is the backfiring of the sequential gear box that all the Europe cars have especially the VW.
Have you heard the Focus RS and Hyundai i30Ns? I'll admit, they sound unreal when they bang as it's more of a pop and whistle as the turbo gases recirculate.

VW owners tend to do it to Golf Rs/GTIs just to be fucking annoying though. Blame variable valve exhaust systems like the Varex for that (despite them being illegal for road use) as they don't pass EPA testing.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
A marketing trend they specifically aim at female car enthusiasts... love heart exhaust tips!

1594595460366.png

Bad Billy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I fucken love that pop on the overrun. It’s the second sweetest sound on earth (just behind a queef)

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Those stupid wank factor dynamic indicators or whatever they're called. Who in the fuck cares enough to pay hundreds of dollars to change the way your indicator blinks. I've heard it costs $800 on Audis?

giphy.gif

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Where's the dislike button?

Such a nothing, douche feature. And I've heard they're 800-1000 bucks 9n Audis.
I know mate, very annoying. Putting nice lights on cars does nothing to improve the performance.

Trophy Points
Apparently there is a reason behind it. Because some vehicles have daytime driving lights and/or rear fog lights built into the main headlight / rear light assembly.

By making them an active light, it grabs other drivers attention so they take notice, rather than blending in like a traditional blinker can in some instances.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Modern automotive industry.
All about safety and economy.
>The passion, the romance of travel, of driving has been stolen from us, and most are not only oblivious, it's fucking celebrated!
Fuck gen 5 automation!
Bring back carbys.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I'm seeing those sequential lighting indicators becoming very common these days. It's actually annoying. I can accept that on an expensive/exotic car they would want something different, but having it on a normal everyday car is increasing.