• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Corey Allan joins the Bulldogs effective immediately.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Corey Allan joins the Bulldogs
bulldogs.com.au
Mon 11 Jan 2021, 02:50 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued their re-building process with the signing of talented back Corey Allan on a three year deal.

Allan, who can play both the fullback and wing position, will join the Bulldogs immediately in preparation for the upcoming season.

The versatile 22 year-old, who represented the Prime Minister's XIII before making his NRL debut, played 29 matches for the Rabbitohs over the past two seasons, in addition to making his State of Origin debut for Queensland against New South Wales in Game Three last year.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to secure the signing of the talented youngster leading into the new season:
"With what we believe has been an excellent off-season in terms of adding quality to our playing group, Corey's signing is another great step forward in regard to what we are building here at Belmore. By adding a State of Origin player to our squad and someone who has the potential to continue to grow as a footballer, we believe it is a major positive for our club and fantastic news for our Members and fans".

Bulldogs Head Coach Trent Barrett saw the signing in similar terms:
'We have worked hard in the off-season to sign the right players in terms of their ability and attitude and we believe that Corey will be a great addition for our club. Everyone has seen what Corey can do over the past two seasons and we believe that he has the potential to be an outstanding player and someone that adds both quality and versatility to our backline. Corey will join us immediately and start training with the squad from today and everyone is looking forward to him being part of the Bulldogs."

Date of Birth: April 19, 1998
Height: 186cm
Weight: 90kg
Position: Fullback
Junior Club: Logan Brothers
NRL Debut: Round 1, 2019 v Sydney Roosters
Rep Honours: QLD State of Origin (2020), Prime Ministers XIII (2018), Australian Commonwealth Championships (2018); Junior Kangaroos (2017 and 2018); Queensland under 20s (2017, 2018); Queensland under 18s (2016)

Trophy Points
Superb pickup... our recruitment has been absolutely bloody outstanding in the last few months.

What a monumental turnaround from where we could have been if the club perservered with others.

John Khoury and the new board deserve a huge round of congratulations, because the Bulldogs are on the up!

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Corey Allan’s mission to lock in a starting NRL fullback position has been confirmed with Canterbury signing the former South Sydney No.1 on a three-year-deal. The 22-year-old has been released …

The post Bulldogs sign Allan as NRL fullback option first appeared on Sports News Australia.

Continue reading...

Feed courtesy of Sportsnews.com.au
the news keeps on getting better with this signing not only will we have a decent set of forwards but backs also. Now the last part of the jigsaw puzzle is hooker if we get that sorted we are well on our way for next season

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think Averillo will be back in Canterbury Cup unless he bulks up significantly in the pre season

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
I hope we don’t lose this kid , very talented player.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
he'll have his chances this year and DWZ / Hoppa are coming off contract so hopefully he kicks on.. I dare say Meaney won't be with us for much longer

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Not fussed about meany but Averillo should be in the team somewhere.

he hasn't exactly blown the competition away so I personally won't be overly fussed if we lose him, so long as who we have are better options

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
let’s see how good he can get, has he got good speed??

Trophy Points
let’s see how good he can get, has he got good speed??
He's not the quickest bloke, but is capable of backing up a break in the line (unlike Hoppa).

I'd say probably on par with someone like JMK or DWZ in open space.

JD!

Squad Member
Trophy Points
What about next year?
I’m thinking the only position left is hooker!

Yeah not too sure mate hey. Don't think hooker would suit his style of play, well at this stage anyway. id say #14 in 2022 if Allen really nails down the FB role, if he doesn't im sure Avo could step up next year if given a chance this year to focus on his game and growing confidence aswell as experience.
I honestly don't think he's a Centre, looked a bit lost at times while defending but has the attack was quite good for first season.
He will only improve, and I think 5/8 this year will help his game if he does turn into a FB., who knows Allen could be a decent Centre aswell?