• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Signing Curious Case of Ogden and Crichton.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Both players unsigned for 2022 it seems, and not announced on the Bulldogs "farewell players" emails or end of season awards.

Very strange indeed.

Crichton been out an entire season, but Ogden offers decent grunt and should be retained in my opinion. He adds something.

Maybe with Elliott gone, even with Asiata joining us, there might be some wiggle room.

Failing that, Tigers or Warriors would be worth picking him up.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Ogden has a high ceiling given what he was producing at ISP level, and what he has had shown on occasions at the club.. once he pulls it all together on a consistent basis he could be anything.

I don't mind Crichton for depth, he's only ever played in the first grade squad when we've been getting dominated so he deserves a chance to prove himself in the new squad.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Looks like the indians are circling the tigers coach be interesting to see if he survives the off season

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Everybody acknowledges what the issue is now but of course the issue (the front office) are going to continue to put it all on Madge like many have said

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Everybody acknowledges what the issue is now but of course the issue (the front office) are going to continue to put it all on Madge like many have said
as in normal in RL these days its the coach that cops it not senior management. At least at the dogs we sorted out senior management, and hopefully the coach, and put a brake in there via Phil Gould, and now all is left is to put a competitive team on the board hopefully starting next year.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
I know the answer to fix their problems Taylor & Green co-coach.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Geez it's poor that we couldn't get the best out of Renouf.. he was a stand out in the ISP and will do good things at the Rorters.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Geez it's poor that we couldn't get the best out of Renouf.. he was a stand out in the ISP and will do good things at the Rorters.
Well Howard the test will come next year . If Barrett stuffs up with the line up we have it will reflect on him then no more excuses about not having experienced players etc. Old saying "a poor workmen always blames his tools" but probably Barrett does not know that one or even understands it.
The press are always talking about Bennett the best coach ever in NRL history but he picks and chooses the club to coach and if they dont come up to his standard rather than bring them on he cuts loose from the club and finds one that makes him look good.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I have always said the makings of a good coach are ones that join a club that has nothing going for it, stick with it, train what players they have to a better standard and bring on any potential juniors.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well Howard the test will come next year . If Barrett stuffs up with the line up we have it will reflect on him then no more excuses about not having experienced players etc. Old saying "a poor workmen always blames his tools" but probably Barrett does not know that one or even understands it.
The press are always talking about Bennett the best coach ever in NRL history but he picks and chooses the club to coach and if they dont come up to his standard rather than bring them on he cuts loose from the club and finds one that makes him look good.

Well the end of the season saw improvements so I guess that's signs the team are happy and playing for each other and the coach.. I definitely wouldn't put the Renouf thing on him as he had been in and out of first grade for a few seasons now

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
however to quote another phrase " one summer does not a swallow make meaning that ond good game means nothing if it stands alone in a poor season. Oops i got that the wrong way round should read "one swallow does not a summer make" meaning do not get excited at the sight of one swallow unless its lots of them prempting summer

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah true but, there were some other decent games that for me showed enough to suggest that with better players coming on that there's something to work on.. I would much rather us show something at the end of the season than be like the Tigers getting pumped by the spooners going into the off season!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Biggest cringe header "The rise of Atoni" lol the bloke has not played a single game for Easts... Geez they have some good friends in the media