• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Dufty excited for fresh start at the kennel

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
New Canterbury-Bankstown recruit Matt Dufty opens up about his first few days of preseason at the Bulldogs.

Trophy Points
He's got raw ability, and speed (which is something you can't teach).

24 times he says "you know", so that must be his filler word when he's talking.

At 25 yrs old hes hardly old, but he reckons he's one of the older players, so we must have quite a young squad in 2022.

If he can inject himself in play, and read defence from the back, we'll do well.

I think he's a better fullback than Allen, but Dufty has in the past has had a drop or two in him.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Dufty seems like he just wants to play footy rather than be over-coached.. hopefully Baz gives him a license like they did with the Panther players in 2020

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Some fans are writing Dufty off on the back of defence but if he is happy at the club it will make a world of difference. The one year contract works in the club's favour.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Exactly .. perform or get replaced in 12 months time.

if he doesn't work out I'd still love to see Foxx have a crack at the 1 with the current rules, and also while he still has his pace. If not, I'd like to see Trent give Josh a license to roam; the more ball Josh has, the better