• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Fitness thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

memberberries

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sex is an exercise :D

Nah it's good to have goals like that. Drag her out to the Blue Mountains and smash out some decent hikes. Tis great exercise :)

Lol sex only burns a few calories.
My girlfriend I think has similar phobias and panic disorders like yourself?

I can tell she has spent the last 4 months locked up at home believing everything the tube and government has told her.

She has really put on weight.
I didn't mind her being a bit overweight but now shes gone a lot overweight.

I can't talk but like I said we have set up a goal to shave it off.

Just pissed me off when she said we need to stop drinking alcohol.
I've only been telling her that for the last year!

Trophy Points
My girlfriend I think has similar phobias and panic disorders like yourself?
I don't have phobias/panic disorders technically. Unless you are talking travel anxiety.

I can tell she has spent the last 4 months locked up at home believing everything the tube and government has told her.
I'd love to say it's all bullshit and lies, but it isn't and there's very good reason we got put into lockdown. Just look at Victoria now... it's a gigantic shitshow down there.

She has really put on weight. I didn't mind her being a bit overweight but now shes gone a lot overweight.
Maybe binge eating. I actually lost weight over the period. That said one week I was hand pulling weeds from the lawn for 3-4 days straight and burned through about 5kgs in the process.

Never tell a woman shes overweight, unless you have a will taken out and next of kin details updated... it won't end well.

Bad Billy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Just got back into the pool, since my broken shoulder.
ive been intermittent fasting during recovery, so haven’t gained any weight, but have definitely lost some condition.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Just got back into the pool, since my broken shoulder.
ive been intermittent fasting during recovery, so haven’t gained any weight, but have definitely lost some condition.
How did you break a shoulder?
Are you doing the 18-6 fasting?

Trophy Points
I'm no doctor, but it definitely isn't meant to look like that!

What's the longterm prognosis for such an injury Bad Billy?

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
As long as there's no floating bits and physio to build up muscle and range of movement again, should go back to almost the same as before.

@memberberries you played the reverse card on your Mrs and got her to admit to what you've been telling her?
Take the W mate, they're rare.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
6 weeks of hard training starting on Monday.. need to lose a few KGs as have hardly left the computer the past year or so and been eating too much filth..

thinking maybe minimum 10km walk per day, swim for 30minutes, and maybe some pushups and sit ups in the mix.. need to finalise a schedule tomorrow

Trophy Points
6 weeks of hard training starting on Monday.. need to lose a few KGs as have hardly left the computer the past year or so and been eating too much filth..

thinking maybe minimum 10km walk per day, swim for 30minutes, and maybe some pushups and sit ups in the mix.. need to finalise a schedule tomorrow
I need to get a little more active... Saw a walk at Morton National Park the other day which looks a cracker. 3-4kms graded HARD.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I need to get a little more active... Saw a walk at Morton National Park the other day which looks a cracker. 3-4kms graded HARD.

I just want to get myself into a habit of being outside more than inside.. no more falling into a trap of like, doing a few weeks of being active, followed by a few of being mostly sedentary...

That whole national park looks freakin' awesome; some cool looking waterfalls down there as well. I'm hoping to do some sections of Heathcote National Park in the near future..

Trophy Points
I just want to get myself into a habit of being outside more than inside.. no more falling into a trap of like, doing a few weeks of being active, followed by a few of being mostly sedentary...

That whole national park looks freakin' awesome; some cool looking waterfalls down there as well. I'm hoping to do some sections of Heathcote National Park in the near future..
Yeah it's a shame its like 1.5 hours drive roughly from my place each way.. I saw parts of it heading to Batemans on the coach and it looks amazing. Even like Mt Keira and places like that.

There's Belmore Falls, Fitzroy Falls, (I think) Carrington Falls, and also the Minnamurra Rainforest centre I was to sus out round that area.

I need a rowing machine for my fat little body
The only one I'd ever buy, is the ones with the little game on the screen where you row to either get away from sharks, or other rowers. :D

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well that was a shitty effort of a week.. did a few 10km walks and some swimming, but really did fa compared to what I'd planned. Oh well, onto the new week!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I decided it was time start putting some proper workout sessions together, particularly focusing on the back and neck where I have issues, and fmd I just realised how bad things have gotten, and when I told @spiritofaslan a little while back that I'm like Grandpa Joe getting out of bed in the Willy Wonka golden ticket scene I wasn't kidding lol I've been good with my walking but it doesn't do much for that kinda middle section just between and below the shoulders (dorsum?), which is a real pain in the ass to work on