• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Fitness thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
More active than 99% of users. Gees thats interesting :D

Thats a lot of steps when you think about it.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
More active than 99% of users. Gees thats interesting :D

Thats a lot of steps when you think about it.

I'd say most of the active walkers on there are still only doing around the 10,000 a day mark (on average), which I've more than doubled some months.

Haha yeah. Well particularly on days when I'm not working (which is quite a lot atm) I try to stay out for a fair few hours just so I don't get bored or form bad habits.

Trophy Points
I'd say most of the active walkers on there are still only doing around the 10,000 a day mark (on average), which I've more than doubled some months.

Haha yeah. Well particularly on days when I'm not working (which is quite a lot atm) I try to stay out for a fair few hours just so I don't get bored or form bad habits.
Thats a good idea though, when the weather is good at least.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Man, protein bars and drinks are the biggest scam! It's just an excuse for people to eat candy and drink milk shakes

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I was watching synchronised swimming videos (as you do), and they were discussing the training regime, and how they train like 6 days a week for 6-8 hours, now of course that's not straight, but still.. I make a big deal about doing 20-30 minutes of light cardio a few days per week! I'm not even consistent with that.. it blows my mind.

Trophy Points
Been doing some leash / halti training with our AmStaff at the moment, and I'm really not too sure whose getting more exercise out of him or me LOL..

Walking a few laps of an oval (fenced dog park), then running/jogging a few laps, and then letting him wander leashless next to me. He's a quick learner so hopefully it doesn't take long.

Now if I could just get him to chase the football and play fetch :D

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Getting them to chase is one thing, but having them bring the item back to you and drop it is the hard part! hahaha.. My goodness.. my mum's boy will run it back and then want you to chase him around and yank it out of his jaw.. yeah no thanks mate I'm old and lazy..

Having said that, my hope for this year is to be more consistent on core work.. I can walk up to 13 hours a day if I want, huge averages, but at the end of the day walking does bugger all for versatility if I still spend much of my home time sitting/slouching. So yeah, 2023 is going to suckkkkk.. nah.. I just need a routine that I enjoy I guess!!

Trophy Points
Yeah mostly. Absolute sweat bath up on the hills! Did a similar mission on Sunday as well
Speaking of a sweat bath.. 33 degrees out here today, and was absolutely melting out in the sunshine doing some work on the car.

Pretty sure I was losing kgs in sweat by the hour.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Speaking of a sweat bath.. 33 degrees out here today, and was absolutely melting out in the sunshine doing some work on the car.

Pretty sure I was losing kgs in sweat by the hour.

It's been brutal some days.. I don't mind working in the heat, I just don't like sleeping in it.. I've been trying to do plenty of stretching every day to try and counter the hours sitting.. pumped out about 4 hours today on the hills which was great! definitely feeling refreshed.

Haha it's like that hey... the benefits of doing things in the heat is how good you feel afterwards.

Trophy Points
I really need to get back into it when this year settles in. Been doing too much "racing around here, there and everywhere", and ignoring breakfast or drinking water.

Gotta wrangle that back in, as really don't want another kidney stone visit.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm still thinking about things I can do that will have me moving more by default.. I don't really love stretching, etc, despite the benefits... plus it will stop me wasting so much time at the computer.

Yeah, I've heard they are brutal.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Two days back to back after not doing any long walk missions in over two months. Tuesday was not too bad, but half way through Wednesday my feet were getting real sore around the toes just from not being adapted to so many steps in a day.. the return mission was brutal!! But oh was it good to get home and hope straight into a hot bath!! I was walking around like a cripple for the rest of the night.

Screenshot_20230509_190147_Pacer.jpg

Screenshot_20230510_165856_Pacer.jpg

Trophy Points
That's some decent stats.

I've just started taking up running again, or more specifically taking the dog for runs.

I'm not really an endurance runner though, mainly sprinting.

So we'll go do a 2.2km circuit for example. About 400m of that is me hitting about 80% of my top speed, another 200m or so would be me at about 40% (jogging), and the rest walking.

I keep up with doggo at about 80%, but if I'm going absolutely flat out, I actually start to overtake/overrun him slightly. That said he'll get me on stamina as he'd easily go 1km running at pace.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That's awesome mate. I don't do a lot of running myself, but every now and then I will do running in like week or fortnight clusters.. I go and jog at the regional park that's near my place, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour... when I am in a mood I will often sprint for much of the last lap.. feels so good.

Hahah yeah Dogs have so much stamina! it's interesting because if a human spent so much time laying, there's no way they will just be getting up and running.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
rhis is going to be a cricket score against us tonight shame shame shame if i was burton i would look for a decent club not this bunch of no hopers

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
rhis is going to be a cricket score against us tonight shame shame shame if i was burton i would look for a decent club not this bunch of no hopers

Burton is part of the problem. He does not have the intent he once did.