• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Hooker Watch

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Brandon Smith - wanting to cash in past 2023, and staying at the Storm.
Cameron McInnes - signed with Sharks till 2025.
Jazz Tevaga - renewed with Warriors till 2023.

Surely we have someone in the pipeline...

Nathan Peats? Josh Hodgson? Darryl Clark?

Unless we've pulled astroke of genius and secured Brailey (as the McInnes to Sharks doesn't make much sense).

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Scoop here first....
Alexis, 23, F, knows how to please.
Something Dogs fans are sorely in need of as it's been that long.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
Clark or Hodgson is the only thing left on the market that I’ll be chasing.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Apparently the club is looking into Kenny from Penrith.

Josh Hodgson would be good if we could get him, as we lack quality senior players

I think Peats' last good footy in the NRL was with Parramatta c.16

Trophy Points
James Segeyaro anyone? Available from June from drugs suspension, and would be decent to teach the likes of Ghantous and Deitz (who need someone experienced to help their careers).

Surely would come fairly cheap as well, and is 30.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
if we could get him cheap for a couple of seasons might not a bad option.. I really think they need to go all in on Kenny as he could easily be a long term solution

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
and obviously Kenny might be enticed by the fact that some of his team mates will be here

Trophy Points
Left of field... but Baz isn't thinking of putting Burton at hooker is he and playing Avo and Flanno in the halves?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
hope not.. Averillo needs to be in the backline or not in the team at all

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
there seems to be a few articles suggesting Hodgson will head to Brisbane.. not sure if there is substance to it, but probably not a huge miss if we don't go for him, given his injuries.

Trophy Points
there seems to be a few articles suggesting Hodgson will head to Brisbane.. not sure if there is substance to it, but probably not a huge miss if we don't go for him, given his injuries.
Where does that leave young Jake Turpin then?

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
yes i saw it howard and yes JMK actually took on the line and as a result we flowed with the passing and actually did some very good work in attack and no leave averillo in the halves today he proved his apprenticeship is over
But one swallow doth not a summer make so please doggies take heed of what you did in attack and defence today and improve on that now you have a platform to work above

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Jake might end up partnering Burton..

Hopefully JMK can keep improving so that we don't have to buy another hooker after all

Trophy Points
Apparently JMK was good today, I missed it.. did you guys watch it?
Played the full 80 today and scored a great try from dummy half.

We were still really flat in attack (which I hate), but his up front vision is definitely noticable. You see him planning out the next play before the balls been played, whereas Katoa gets the ball and looks like he's laid an egg.... he just doesn't know what to do.

At this point if I was the Dogs, maybe Segeyaro and JMK and have Deitz/Ghantous coming up through the grades.

Sleeky

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I watched it. Happy with the discipline. Also noticed something big in my eyes. RECEIVING THE BALL ON THE ADVANTAGE LINE! It’s something we get taught at a young age yet this year it was non existent except today. Maybe coz of JMK? I don’t know, but let’s hope it’s stays

Trophy Points
Our completion rates in the game were insane too. Almost near perfect completion rates.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Our completion rates in the game were insane too. Almost near perfect completion rates.

we've been pretty good all year with completions but somebody made the point that it's all well and good, but you look at a team like the Roosters one year who were poor in that area, but on the back of throwing the ball around and taking risks.. we just need the balance of being conservative with the ball, but also knowing when to chance our arm.. I'm starting to warm to Jake in the halves and think he and Burton could be a good combo.