• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Intriguing YouTube Videos

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points

Frances Tom Pages' send it off a 135m cliff top and basejumps with motox bike.

Absolutely mental.
Gosh... I was thinking that bloke had a death wish until his parachute came out lol.

Plenty of people in this video got balls... I tell you that.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That's dedication to the job right there. People love to hang shit on police, but overlook things like this they do, all in the line of duty.

Mate most people wouldn't have the guts to deal with even half the regular shit cops deal with, let alone something like this.. I really blame the media for most of the police hate these days because they are the ones who paint them in a bad light because of a rogue few.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Cops aren't actually bad at all (except the corrupt ones) - and I particularly hate when the media shines bad light in the way cops treat Aboriginal people. The fact is if Aboriginal people, along with EVERYONE ELSE, obeyed the laws, they wouldn't have anything to worry about. If they are caught breaking the law are the cops supposed to look the other way?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Cops aren't actually bad at all (except the corrupt ones) - and I particularly hate when the media shines bad light in the way cops treat Aboriginal people. The fact is if Aboriginal people, along with EVERYONE ELSE, obeyed the laws, they wouldn't have anything to worry about. If they are caught breaking the law are the cops supposed to look the other way?

They use Aboriginals because it generates more interest/ clicks.. if it was against alcoholics or drug addicts nobody would care.. My step family are Aboriginal and I know most of them never have run ins with the police, because they are just regular working class people

Wahesh

Trophy Points
They use Aboriginals because it generates more interest/ clicks.. if it was against alcoholics or drug addicts nobody would care.. My step family are Aboriginal and I know most of them never have run ins with the police, because they are just regular working class people
Exactly right. I wish a lot more Aboriginal people were like Uncle Chicka. This short clip details how warm and friendly he is.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
the new thumbnail hover zoom feature on the tube is clunky as. I don't expect they will keep it around for long

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
When we list down all the words in English ranked by frequency, the Nth ranked word's occurrences are proportional to 1/N. Fascinating right ? When creating NLP models, we can predict how big our model will be based on how much text we are feeding it to learn - that's based on this same phenomena. The most mindblowing thing is, this holds true not just for English but for all languages!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That bloke has talent - and a lot of patience. I love diecast cars and can't even be motivated to custom one myself lol.

Yeah dude, it would be super tedious work, all the detail and getting the anatomy right.

Haha I feel ya 😅

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Now this is top notch research!

Someone left these marks in the sand. We had to find out who.

Deep in the Sahara, far from any towns, roads, or other signs of life, is a row of markings in the sand. There are dozens of them stretching for miles in a straight line in central Algeria, each consisting of a central point surrounded by a circle of 12 nodes, like numbers on a clock. And when we started making this video, no one seemed to know what they were. We first saw the circles back in September 2021, after finding a Reddit post on r/WhatIsThis with coordinates asking what the circles could be. With just two upvotes and two commenters, it wasn’t exactly a lively discussion. But seeing the circles themselves on Google Earth was fascinating: They were eerily perfect in their shape and regularity, but so deeply isolated in the desert. We were hooked on finding an answer. So we decided to make a video out of trying to solve the mystery, no matter where it took us. We documented every step of the process — from Zoom calls and web browser screen recordings to vlogs and field shoots — to show the reporting process from the inside out. And when we maxed out what we could learn on the internet, we handed over this story to a team in Algeria to take it all the way.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Gosh that would be super uncomfortable lol. I'm sure all of us have had to run in some point while wearing work clothes, and it's not fun.

I remember seeing the living statues in Barcelona, but they were so different. So there was this guy dressed up as a dragon in La Ramblas (and believe me, that take it seriously and he really did look like a dragon/human hybrid create). Anyway these girls we were with who weren't from Sydney hadn't seen anything like it (here in Sydney we have the silver paint living statues), and they saw this guy and were intrigued. So they decided to put some money in his little basket and get a photo standing in front of him. The photo was taken then the guy put his arms around them (which they weren't expecting) and started speaking really really loudly in Catalan Spanish. They had no idea what he was saying or what he wanted them to do - it was deadest hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Trophy Points
This ones interesting because people have tried to get onto the island and got killed in the process. It's now prohibited from trying to get there by the Indian Government.

North Sentinel Island I believe.

They actually don't know how many Sentinelese are actually there either, because there is no census data on the natives.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This ones interesting because people have tried to get onto the island and got killed in the process. It's now prohibited from trying to get there by the Indian Government.

North Sentinel Island I believe.

They actually don't know how many Sentinelese are actually there either, because there is no census data on the natives.

Maurice Vidal Portman (British naval officer) visited in the 1800s.. The story is that he was welcomed on the island and did a bunch of weird shit, ended up taking a family to the main land.. the family got sick and the parents died. They returned the kids to the island with gifts to try and smooth it over, but it appears that visit has left a lasting effect.

North Sentinel Island yes.

They've made estimates based on aerial vision and they seem to think the numbers are well below 100 now, but you could never really know.