• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Intriguing YouTube Videos

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Maurice Vidal Portman (British naval officer) visited in the 1800s.. The story is that he was welcomed on the island and did a bunch of weird shit, ended up taking a family to the main land.. the family got sick and the parents died. They returned the kids to the island with gifts to try and smooth it over, but it appears that visit has left a lasting effect.
Makes sense. Scared of diseases perhaps now and therefore cautious.

They've made estimates based on aerial vision and they seem to think the numbers are well below 100 now, but you could never really know.
Yeah I've seen them say anywhere from 80 to 400. You'd have to think there might inbreeding on the island though.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Makes sense. Scared of diseases perhaps now and therefore cautious.

Yeah I've seen them say anywhere from 80 to 400. You'd have to think there might inbreeding on the island though.

Yeah, I mean just the fact they had members die while under the hands of an outsider would be enough to not trust any other outsiders.

Definitely, at this point it's likely the current group are all connected by blood.

Trophy Points
Conversation came up recently with wifey regarding why cartoon characters seem to ever only have 4 fingers.

Turns out there are reasons why, which are detailed in this rather interesting video.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Conversation came up recently with wifey regarding why cartoon characters seem to ever only have 4 fingers.

Turns out there are reasons why, which are detailed in this rather interesting video.

I think I watched this video a while ago, or a video on the same subject.

It blows my mind at the thought of animators just being able to stay consistent in drawing frame after frame, I mean obviously with digital it's a lot easier these days, but still..

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points

1668645217644.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I've watched a few videos of people doing this ritual, honestly I have to give credit to Hamish for stepping to it..even if he didn't get them on.. I doubt I would! depending on how much I was being paid ;)

Last edited:

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I've watched a few videos of people doing this ritual, honestly I have to give credit to Hamish for stepping to it..even if he didn't get them on.. I doubt I would! depending on how much I was being paid ;)

Yeah you'll be pretty hard-pressed to get me to do anything like that lol.

I watched one of those "72 deadly animals" shows on Netflix. There's some guy they call him the master of sting or something like that, and he basically uses himself as a sting dummy, so he'll get insects and bugs to string him and then report on those findings.

Pretty damning!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah you'll be pretty hard-pressed to get me to do anything like that lol.

I watched one of those "72 deadly animals" shows on Netflix. There's some guy they call him the master of sting or something like that, and he basically uses himself as a sting dummy, so he'll get insects and bugs to string him and then report on those findings.

Pretty damning!

Haha. I mean I can kinda understand the purpose from the tribe perspective.. but to do it just cause.. mm yeah nah.. maybe when I was 18 and careless.

Oh yeah I've seen a few shorts of him on the tube, and there was that venom hunter bloke and he absolutely freaked the f out when he did the bull ant challenge. I don't blame him.

Trophy Points
That'd be Justin Schmidt who developed the Schmidt Sting Pain Index.

That's what the show Kings of Pain is loosely based on (taking Schmidts scale and increasing on it with animals people are likely to encounter in real life, as well as animals that are not insects or don't just sting).

Trophy Points

Anastasi In Tech is a Hardware Engineer / Chip Designer

Very interesting video on why many modern things don't last anywhere near as long (in particular CPUs in computers and mobile phones).

Trophy Points
Michael Angelo Batio is such a legend of the guitar.

Awesome video when Rob Scallon meets him, and the two are like kids in a guitar candy shop.

Some of those guitar designs that MJB used in his Nitro days were absolutely astounding.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Love the tube trains! I can't believe the originals were made in the 70s while we were still riding Red Rattlers in the early 90s

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Love the tube trains! I can't believe the originals were made in the 70s while we were still riding Red Rattlers in the early 90s

Yeah true that. I think all the new metro light rail trains have that design. There's mean to be fewer seats but more frequent services to balance it out.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
More than 2,000 years ago, the Greek philosopher Plato recounted the legend of the Ring of Gyges in “Republic.” The story of the ring surfaces as the philosopher, Socrates, and his student discuss why people act justly: is it because it’s what’s right? Or because it’s a convention that’s enforced through punishment and reward? Alex Gendler shares the allegory of the ill-gotten, magical ring.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I never actually heard about this, or maybe I did, who knows.. But wow.. what an operation.

A terrorist plot to detonate liquid explosives, carried on board airliners travelling from the UK to the USA and Canada, disguised as soft drinks, was discovered by British police during an extensive surveillance operation.

Trophy Points
Very interesting indeed, though not entirely a new idea. Clearly makes sense about the fluid restrictions on carryon though.

The footage (even if some was reinacted) was fairly chilling. 23 minutes in was a bit over dramatised though.

Classic America playing the glory move and almost stuffing it up for everyone. Dodgy that one escaped only to be vapourised in a drone attack.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/sep/14/airline-bomb-plotters-jailed-life Sounds like quite a few involved got off though.

On a side note, haven't heard much about this sort of thing in recent times (with Covid, etc).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Had they of pulled it off it would have been massive.. it's pretty crazy to think that these seemingly innocent activities that are going on in every day to day life can be a part of something so potentially devastating.

It's a tip of the hat to surveillance to show such patience and restraint being able to sit there and watch all of that taking place, knowing what you know, and yet acting could potentially destroy the case.

I can't help but wonder what the result would have been had that idiot Yank just let the UK crew do their thing.. possibly more arrests! yeah that older gentleman at the end is hilarious.

It seems both America's activities in the middle east as well as large scale terrorist attacks have quietened down, though I know there are still terrorist groups pushing their agenda over there.