• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Jake Preston: Focused & Ready

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Solid Josh Jackson vibes from Preston.

Seems to have a really good head on his shoulders, and be really keen to follow his progress.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I thought he might have been a country kid because he has that real worker mentality, like your Jackson's and your Cordner's, Finucane's... but yeah he's exactly the player you need in a team.. gives everything but also has impact.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's very early days, but Jake has Origin qualities about him.. to play 80 in his second game in the manner that he did is evidence that he had the pre season we were all hearing about.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Worth throwing him into the training squad for this year's Origin?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
if he keeps his form up he could sneak into the emerging squad. Given the preseason he apparently had, I don't see why he can't keep it up.. he looks very fit.

Trophy Points
He's an interesting player to watch as he isn't particularily solid in build, strong, or quick, but rather has attributes in all columns.

Runs some really nice lines in attack.

Closest comparison I could think of is Shaun Lane with a big of Josh Jackson there.

Wonder if he's always been a second rower, or started out in the backs.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I can't believe how good this bloke is for his first season, just the maturity about his play is well beyond his years.. It just goes to show what hard work can do for a person... he's very confident and backs himself, and has the motor to go with his mentality.

Trophy Points
Crazy to think he's only played 5 NRL game, and already has 3 tries to his name. For a second rower that's a ridiculous strike rate.

Wondering if he could be a smokey for NSW Origin this year alongside Burton?

Young Alamoti is looking the goods too.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Preston will definitely play Origin at some point. He's definitely a smokey for this year but I'd be tipping next year is when he'll get a crack.. though in saying that if he was playing in a top team they'd all be talking him up for this year

Trophy Points
Preston will definitely play Origin at some point. He's definitely a smokey for this year but I'd be tipping next year is when he'll get a crack.. though in saying that if he was playing in a top team they'd all be talking him up for this year
Best thing was there was next to no hype about him, and then he plays his first game and absolutely delivers.