• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Laundy Hotels extends as Bulldogs Major Partner

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Laundy Hotels Extends as Bulldogs’ Major Partner

https://www.laundy.com.au/

Laundy Hotels Extends as Bulldogs’ Major Partner​

Author bulldogs.com.au
Sat 19 Nov 2022, 06:01 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are delighted to announce that Laundy Hotels has signed on for a further five years as the Club’s major sponsor, entering an arrangement that could see them adorn the jersey through to the end of 2032.

The multimillion-dollar and potential ten-year deal will see the family-owned hotel industry leaders remain in the most prominent position on the front of the blue and white jersey until at least 2027, and possibly as long as 2032.

First signing on as the Club’s major partner in 2020, Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warburton said the Group had proven to be an exceptional partner during some exceptional times.
“We are delighted that the Laundy Hotel Group is not only extending but elevating their partnership with the Bulldogs,” he said.
“Our organisations share common values. Laundy Hotels are a group that prides themselves on providing great hospitality and a modern family-friendly experience. Their rich history and family values are aligned with what the Bulldogs Club stands for and our relationship, which stems well beyond 60 years of association, has made us one big extended family."
“The commitment from the Laundy’s to back our Family for an additional five years and a possible further five beyond that is a historic deal that strongholds the Bulldogs’ future.”

The Laundy Family has been in the hotel industry for four generations having originally started the business with the Sackville Hotel in 1945.

Since then, the company has grown to boast a portfolio of hotels across the country including the Locker Room which sits directly opposite Accor Stadium – the Bulldogs’ home ground for the 2023 season.

The multimillion, multi-year deal was formalised during a special visit to Hotel Group’s venue, ‘The Locker Room’ on Wednesday, where Bulldogs’ Football General Manager Phil Gould, Head Coach Cameron Ciraldo, and members of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs alumni met with Arthur Laundy and son Craig.

The multimillion, multi-year deal was formalised during a special visit to Hotel Group’s venue, ‘The Locker Room’ on Wednesday, where Bulldogs’ Football General Manager Phil Gould, Head Coach Cameron Ciraldo, and members of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs alumni met with Arthur Laundy and son Craig.

Arthur Laundy, who is the Director and Owner of Laundy Hotels and a strong Bulldogs supporter, said the Hotel Group was extremely proud to be extending the partnership.
“My family grew up in the area. My dad built the Twin Willows pub back in 1964 and it quickly became the unofficial clubhouse for the Bulldogs,” Laundy said.
“We used to have a beer with Peter ‘Bullfrog’ Moore and Geoff ‘Robbo’ Robinson, who lived just up the road. And then in the 80s, we would have Steve Mortimer and all the boys come up to our venue on a Tuesday or Thursday night after training and after games. It was a real meeting point there at our hotel.”

With the Locker Room situated at the heart of Bulldogs territory for 2023, Laundy said he was excited that one of his family’s venues would provide a place for a new generation of Bulldogs fans to connect.
“The Bulldogs have always been the family club and we want to be the next generation of family pubs where the community can watch and engage with their favourite team,” he said.
“Not just at the Locker Room but at all of our venues. The Laundy difference is that we’ve learned hospitality the old-fashioned way. We pride ourselves on good service and providing friendly, social environments where all footy fans can come together.”

Laundy Hotel Group’s ongoing support aligns with their belief in the direction of the Club under the expert guidance of the Board, Warburton as CEO and General Manager of Football Phil Gould. With the recruitment of Head Coach Cameron Ciraldo as well as new football talent Reed Mahoney and Viliame Kikau, Laundy said Bulldogs fans have much to be optimistic about: “I think the future of this Club is something we’ve got to look forward to. For Laundy Hotels to be on the front of the jumper, now in a blue print, and being a Doggies supporter, I am thrilled and I am really looking forward to the next five years.”

The 2023 Bulldogs jersey which is yet to be revealed, will see the Laundy Hotels Group logo printed in the official Bulldogs colours. The change from last year’s black print is to signify the Laundy family’s commitment to the Bulldogs Rugby League Club, coming on board in the lengthy deal that adds strength and stability to the future of the Club.

“The commitment from Laundy Hotels Group provides us with great stability. I can’t speak highly enough about what the Group has done for our Club, and we are thrilled to have their ongoing passion and support behind us at the Bulldogs,” said Bulldogs Chair John Khoury. "On behalf of the Board and Football Club Directors, I’d like to thank Arthur and the Laundy family for their substantial contribution toward our Club's future success."

Trophy Points
Really decent sponsorship this one. Was highly skeptical at first, but it's working out great for us.

Also good to see they are changing the logo colour for our shirts.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Really decent sponsorship this one. Was highly skeptical at first, but it's working out great for us.

Also good to see they are changing the logo colour for our shirts.

Yeah me too.. Initially I thought they just wanted to throw their weight around, but they've proven to be good team players.. allowing us to use the blue logo is such a game changer, that element of the jersey looks so much better.. I mean the blue and black combo wasn't terrible, but it's much better now. I think they've also been really good in accomodating the people within the club.

I've been wondering, what do you think a sponsor like a hotel chain get our of sponsorship on the business side of things? I mean I don't think anybody really picks a pub to go to based on who owns it, for example, but I imagine there would be benefits.

Trophy Points
Yeah me too.. Initially I thought they just wanted to throw their weight around, but they've proven to be good team players.. allowing us to use the blue logo is such a game changer, that element of the jersey looks so much better.. I mean the blue and black combo wasn't terrible, but it's much better now. I think they've also been really good in accomodating the people within the club.

I've been wondering, what do you think a sponsor like a hotel chain get our of sponsorship on the business side of things? I mean I don't think anybody really picks a pub to go to based on who owns it, for example, but I imagine there would be benefits.
People look up who Laundy Hotels are, and realise "ahh they own the such and such" amd go visit those pubs/clubs.