• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Movie Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Great move that never gets too dull or boring.
Glad you enjoyed it mate. The acting is superb in it and never takes you out of the era it is set in.

Apparently it's very close to the book, with only a few few minor changes.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Glad you enjoyed it mate. The acting is superb in it and never takes you out of the era it is set in.

Apparently it's very close to the book, with only a few few minor changes.
That's true mate. The twist at the end was epic, but it would've been a bit better if they showed how it played out.

Trophy Points
That's true mate. The twist at the end was epic, but it would've been a bit better if they showed how it played out.
They kinda do, as there are subtle hints throughout it that give you an idea.

When I saw it I was like "dont tell me they aren't going to reveal who did it!!!"

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I watched this movie as it was #1 in Australia on Netflix at the time. It's pretty good. Mainly action with a touch of comedy in it.

After his home is robbed by some petty criminals, a father is pushed to breaking point after a Kitty Cat bracelet is also one of the items that is stolen (this will all make sense when you watch it). Finding the criminals on one particular night leads to a fight with some criminal who are connection with none other than the Russian mafia. As such, a small act of vengeance escalates to a merciless fight to the death.

Great movie, and the highlight of it (I won't ruin it for you) involves the man himself, Christopher Lloyd.

Highly recommended.

1666213281692.png

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Over the past few weeks I've watched, Scrooged, The Santa Clause, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Knight Before Christmas, Christmas with the Clanks, Elf, and a few more. I'm overdosing on Christmas movies lol.

1671656186635.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Over the past few weeks I've watched, Scrooged, The Santa Clause, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Knight Before Christmas, Christmas with the Clanks, Elf, and a few more. I'm overdosing on Christmas movies lol.

View attachment 2244

Lol you're definitely making this one count! Man the Home Alone movies were so exciting when I was a kid.. they really got you in the mood ...for pizza ..and Christmas.

I don't know if I will watch any movies this year, but I was watching the og BBC series The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe series last night.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Lol you're definitely making this one count! Man the Home Alone movies were so exciting when I was a kid.. they really got you in the mood ...for pizza ..and Christmas.

I don't know if I will watch any movies this year, but I was watching the og BBC series The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe series last night.
Yeah back in the early-mid 90s we used to watch Home Alone heaps as it would get us in the mood. There are plenty of Christmas movies that come out but only a few really have a lasting impression on you.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah back in the early-mid 90s we used to watch Home Alone heaps as it would get us in the mood. There are plenty of Christmas movies that come out but only a few really have a lasting impression on you.

That's it, there's also some movies that can not only span long periods but also demographic.. Home Alone and Willy Wonka are both capable of doing such. Willy Wonka in particular has a lot of charm about it as it was developed on a smaller budget compared to other big films.. the scenes they created are absolutely spectacular.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
That's it, there's also some movies that can not only span long periods but also demographic.. Home Alone and Willy Wonka are both capable of doing such. Willy Wonka in particular has a lot of charm about it as it was developed on a smaller budget compared to other big films.. the scenes they created are absolutely spectacular.
I've only seen the first (original) Willy Wonka movie. I also read the novel as part of a project in school many moons ago. I'm wondering if the more recent one (2005) is any good, noting that another one to be released in 2023 is also on the cards.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I've only seen the first (original) Willy Wonka movie. I also read the novel as part of a project in school many moons ago. I'm wondering if the more recent one (2005) is any good, noting that another one to be released in 2023 is also on the cards.

I couldn't get through the 2005 version, all the characters were just overdone and Jonny Depp's Willy Wonka was just weird. No charm about it at all.

I know they wanted to be more true to the book but ehhh I still reckon the original producers would have nailed it if they went that route.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I watched "Old" on Netflix the other day. It turns out to be one of those movies that has a big twist in the end of it, and the twist kind of makes it seem like the ending makes sense, however at the same time, it leaves a lot of plot holes exposed.

Now, it's meant to be a horror movie, but you can't make a movie set on a beach very scary... and like most horror movies, I laughed at so many scenes that were meant to be scary, like the blonde chicks death which involved her dropping a rock on her back :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:.

Overall, it was a poorly produced scary movie that doesn't make a lot of sense at the end.

5/10.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
One of the great cult classics, and what a performance this was given his condition.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Fast X

02-fx-dm-mobile-banner-1080x745-pl-f01-031323-64108e7aa3468-1.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5433140/

Dom Toretto and his family are targeted by the vengeful son of drug kingpin Hernan Reyes.

I saw this in the cinemas 2 weeks ago on V-Max when it was released, and I completely forgot to do a review on it. This movie is heavily linked to Fast 5 which takes place in Brazil. The drug kingpin in Brazil, Hernan Reyes, had his son with him the entire time, however he is never shown. In this movie, they tie him into the movie. He wants to take revenge against Dom Torreto and his gang after they took out his dad in Rio.

Now, as has been the case with many of the Fast & Furious movies, without ruining, we again see villains turn into heroes, and people who we thought were dead returning, plus an even bigger surprise ending which lead us into part 2 of this movie, which will the 11th and final installment.

I had my doubts about Jason Momoa pulling off the villain in this movie, but by goodness did he do a good job. A total nutcase of a character who belongs in the loony bin LOL.

8/10