• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Movie Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Money

upload_2020-6-22_9-37-36.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6468322/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Two corporate spies with a $5 million haul for selling secrets are held hostage by a thief, triggering a game of cat and mouse to gain the upper hand.

2 couples enjoying a nice dinner together are interrupted by a well dressed, well mannered, well educated man with an English accent who knocks on their door. He comes bearing a very expensive bottle of wine and introduces himself as their new neighbor from across the lake. Not wanting to be rude and turn him away, they ask him to join them. As he joins in their conversation asking about them and what they do, he suddenly takes charge of the conversation, and everyone starts to realise things have taken a turn. Before they know it, they realise he's an armed, dangerous, and highly-skilled Spy who has come to retrieve information. The 2 men who work at the some company have been selling highly detailed and sensitive information, committing International Espionage. With the classified information sold, the man has come to collect the $5,000,000 they made from selling this information, and is willing to kill to get it. Though he is highly skilled, he underestimates the one of the women their and gets taken down by a combination of pepper spray, brute force, and losing control of his gun. They tie him up at gunpoint and try to figure out what to do with him. While this is all happening, he still manages to find a way to escape with half the money. How? Well... I won't ruin it for you.

7/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Bottom of the World

Untitled.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2337841/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The mysterious disappearance of a young woman leads her boyfriend on a journey for truth and perhaps his own unknown reality in this dark, hypnotic mystery that transcends the limitations of traditional narrative.

I have no idea what possessed me to watch this shit, as soon as it had finished, I still couldn't figure out what the hell had happened.

1/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
The Last Days of American Crime

[IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1552211/

In the not-too-distant future, as a final response to terrorism and crime, the U.S. government plans to broadcast a signal making it impossible for anyone to knowingly commit unlawful acts.

This movie got a very poor review, and that was to do with the fact that it was released the same day that the George Floyd (R.I.P.) drama broke out in the US, and this movie also has a lot of Police brutality in it. Rotten Tomatoes for instance gave it a 0 - which I think is a very poor way to rate the film as it should not be reviewed based on current world events. Now you can tell simply by the title that this movie is going to be very violent, and that it is. There's a lot of bullets and explosions, a mafia family, gangs, corrupt cops, and something that you can't see ever happening in the western world, computer chips controlling people.

This movie has its moments, however it goes on for far too long (well over 2 hours) and at times it's hard to keep up with what's happening due to the dialogue missing some keys points early on (such as why certain characters were killed), as well as the main character played by Edgar Ramírez who has an obvious accent coming out even though he's meant to be American.

A lot of room for improvement.

5/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Probably one of the funniest ever scenes from George of the Jungle.

Max: Are you gonna let a monkey make a monkey out of you?
Thor: What?
Ape named Ape: DUHHH

Trophy Points
I like seeing the movie poster, and then getting an idea in my head "yeah this is gonna be shit", and then seeing Wahesh's Rating :D

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
You ain't gonna like this, but Step Brothers is one of my least favorite WF movies.

I should report this post haha. I still quote it till this day..... You big, fat curly headed fuck.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Murder Mystery

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618434/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

[IMG]

On the Weekend Today Show, they said that 30,000,000 people watched this movie in it’s opening week on Netflix… so I thought why not.

A couple go away on a holiday to Europe and are invited to attend a nuptials party on a billionaires yacht. He tells everyone there that he will leave his entire estate you his young trophy wife (who just happens to be an Australian/Japanese actress)… and just before he signs the contract, the lights go off… and he is killed in the darkness. Then the hunt for his killers begin. Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston’s characters are of course framed, and they go on the run from the law trying to find the real killer(s) in the process.

This is a typical Adam Sandler comedy movie. I find that there is a lot more comedy in this than most of his recent films. There are a lot of twists and turns that you don’t see coming, and those are the types of movies that I like. I’m not a Romantic Comedy person, but I watched this one with nothing to lose, and came watching a movie that was better than I expected.

7/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Handsome: A Netflix Mystery Movie

[IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5809020/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Gene Handsome is an LA homicide detective who tries to make sense of his life as he solves crime. Handsome's knack for solving mysteries is matched only by his inability to make sense of his own problems.

This movie was classified as a comedy. The only thing that was funny about this movie was that it was categorised as funny. This is by far the most boring comedy I have ever watched. I'm only given this movie a rating above 0 because it has a hot babysitter in it along with a cute spotted Great Dane. If it wasn't for that, this movie would get duck egg.

2/10

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Murder Mystery

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618434/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

[IMG]

On the Weekend Today Show, they said that 30,000,000 people watched this movie in it’s opening week on Netflix… so I thought why not.

A couple go away on a holiday to Europe and are invited to attend a nuptials party on a billionaires yacht. He tells everyone there that he will leave his entire estate you his young trophy wife (who just happens to be an Australian/Japanese actress)… and just before he signs the contract, the lights go off… and he is killed in the darkness. Then the hunt for his killers begin. Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston’s characters are of course framed, and they go on the run from the law trying to find the real killer(s) in the process.

This is a typical Adam Sandler comedy movie. I find that there is a lot more comedy in this than most of his recent films. There are a lot of twists and turns that you don’t see coming, and those are the types of movies that I like. I’m not a Romantic Comedy person, but I watched this one with nothing to lose, and came watching a movie that was better than I expected.

7/10

The missus wanted to watch it and I was hesitant but I enjoyed it. Not your typical Sandler movie but it was pretty good.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Furious 7

[IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2820852/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Deckard Shaw seeks revenge against Dominic Toretto and his family for his comatose brother.

I can't review this movie enough here
:grinning:

Prior to 7, 5 was my favorite in the series. Keyword - was. This one has it all. Fast cars, hot girls, great locations, adrenaline-running action scenes, and of course, thanks to Tyrese, great comedy. Dominic Torreto and his crew head to the Middle East to save a kidnapped computer hacker, then use her talents to find an elusive former British Intelligence assassin, the man who killed their Friend Han in Tokyo. Now, if people take this movie's physics seriously, you will be disappointed. The Fast and Furious movies are great mindless action movies, and that's what they should be enjoyed for. If you can taken them for that, you'll enjoy them. This was Paul Walker's final appearance in the franchise, and it was great from start to finish.

10/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Secret Obsession

upload_2020-6-29_8-36-27.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419834/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Recuperating from trauma, Jennifer remains in danger as she returns to a life she doesn't remember.

This movie starts off with Jennifer running from a man trying to kill her. She manages to temporarily evade him, but he then starts closing in on her again. Jennifer runs, and in a flurry, doesn't see an on-coming car and gets hit. She suffers memory loss and can't seem to remember any of her recent memory. A man at the hospital turns up claiming to be her husband, and he does his best to help her remember - however in this case, he's a psychopath who is obsessed with her. Jennifer starts uncovering the truth as to what is really going on.

Not a bad movie, one year on I still rate it as a pretty good thriller.

7/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2283362/?ref_=nv_sr_1

[IMG]

I know I've already reviewed this on here, but it was released on Netflix yesterday, so it must be said again. I freaking LOVE this movie. I was actually expecting it to be a letdown, but it was he complete opposite. It is completely different from the 1995 movie, except that they get sucked into a board game which comes from a seemingly 8 or 16 bit console.

Kevin Hart is by far the funniest character in this movie. Fast talking, wise cracking, and you just never know what he's going to say next.

Mind you, the cast in the poster are the avatars based on what the characters playing the game selected - and these are all high school kids.

Very funny movie. If you're after a laugh it's highly recommended.

8/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Jumanji: The Next Level

[IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7975244/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6

In Jumanji: The Next Level, the gang is back but the game has changed. As they return to rescue one of their own, the players will have to brave parts unknown from arid deserts to snowy mountains, to escape the world's most dangerous game.

What good is it watching Jumaji without watching it's sequel? So the original cast return, however things are very different to begin with. Due to the game console being repaired (after being intentionally destroyed) it malfunctions when sucking the players into it, and also brings with it 2 aging characters, and misses bringing in Bethany. While on the journey, Bethany and Alex manage to re-join the gang, and while at it, they manage to switch their avatars around to have the characters they had in part 1 and do it best. It's a brilliant movie, and I found the acting to be great. The fact that the avatars had to act as different characters throughout the movie is a testament to how good they really are in the movie. Brilliant sequel, on par with the first.

8/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
A-X-L

attachFull15673

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5709188/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_23

A.X.L. is a top-secret, robotic dog who develops a special friendship with Miles and will go to any length to protect his new companion.

How great would it be to have a pet that you didn't have to clean up after? Well, meet A-X-L - a robot dog who takes AI to a new level. The dog is capable of hacking ATM machines, paying for things you need without spending a cent, and fly. Yes, a flying dog. Miles, a promising Motocross rider, comes across A-X-L when he was left severely injured by a prank played on him by other Motocross riders. A-X-L immediately chases Miles, but soon learns that Miles is friendly after repairing him after an accident. Miles bonds with his new friend under the very careful surveillance of the scientist who created him as he is to be released to the military as a weapon. Before they know it, it becomes difficult to predict A-X-L's behavior, like a real dog, and things start to spiral out of control.

This movie gives us an indication of how smart the AI of the future is, and how, without realising it, we are creating intelligence that will be smarter than us.

6½/10

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
A-X-L

attachFull15673

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5709188/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_23

A.X.L. is a top-secret, robotic dog who develops a special friendship with Miles and will go to any length to protect his new companion.

How great would it be to have a pet that you didn't have to clean up after? Well, meet A-X-L - a robot dog who takes AI to a new level. The dog is capable of hacking ATM machines, paying for things you need without spending a cent, and fly. Yes, a flying dog. Miles, a promising Motocross rider, comes across A-X-L when he was left severely injured by a prank played on him by other Motocross riders. A-X-L immediately chases Miles, but soon learns that Miles is friendly after repairing him after an accident. Miles bonds with his new friend under the very careful surveillance of the scientist who created him as he is to be released to the military as a weapon. Before they know it, it becomes difficult to predict A-X-L's behavior, like a real dog, and things start to spiral out of control.

This movie gives us an indication of how smart the AI of the future is, and how, without realising it, we are creating intelligence that will be smarter than us.

6½/10

This is basically what I expected. I have been thinking about watching it but it looks crap.

On the plus side, apparently the new Will Farrel Eurovision movie on Netflix is good.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
This is basically what I expected. I have been thinking about watching it but it looks crap.

On the plus side, apparently the new Will Farrel Eurovision movie on Netflix is good.
I haven't watched much of his new movies except for the Daddy's Home movies (which are great).