• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Movie Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Daddy's Home 2

818V%2BAFLNzL._SY445_.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5657846/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Having finally gotten used to each other's existence, Brad and Dusty must now deal with their intrusive fathers during the holidays.

The movie is great and one of those that is kind of progressive. It's one of those things where you just don't know what's going to happen next, like ((SPOILER ALERT)) John Cena appearing among others.

Good movie, worth a watch if you've seen the first movie.

8.5/10.

Trophy Points
Watched it at the cinemas as I had some movie tickets ages ago. Pretty damn funny I thought.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Trophy Points
The Mule

View attachment 648

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7959026/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A ninety-year-old horticulturist and Korean War veteran turns drug mule for a Mexican cartel.

This is one for @ASSASSIN, @The_Chimpster and @spiritofaslan IMO. It's based on a true story, and I think Clint Eastwood hits the role of Lep Sharp head-on in this one. There are some hilarious one-lingers in this movie from Clint, and despite his age, he's still a fantastic actor.

8/10
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet on Foxtel, but wifey and I have it on the list.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - IMDb

1597618887501.png

Four teenage mutant ninja turtles emerge from the shadows to protect New York City from a gang of criminal ninjas.

They're lean, green, and on the screen! That's right, this classic from 1990 was viewed by yours truly over the weekend. I viewed this movie simply to see how it holds up after 30 years, and it holds up VERY well. The amount of smart-arse one liners from these guys is awesome. The movie really picks up around the halfway point when Casey Jones joins the team and helps them in their just cause.

Only a movie as awesome as this can make you fall in love with a giant rat. Spectacular nostalgic film.

10/10.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Noah

View attachment 16459

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1959490/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Noah is chosen by God to undertake a momentous mission before an apocalyptic flood cleanses the world.

On the religious front, the story of Noah's Ark is written in the Book of Genesis in the Bible, and it is also replicated in the Islam Quran, meaning that Muslim people also follow this teaching, however there is evidence that the event did actually take place which is an argument for another day.

Religious aspects aside, onto the film itself, it's not bad, however I find it has many aspects which are debatable. Mainly, the use of The Watchers who appears to be giant rock monsters with limbs that defend Noah from a legion of Cain's decendants from invading the Ark as the rain beings.

There was also the case of incense putting all the animals to sleep - again something I find hard to believe, along with Noah telling his son that he will kill his son's children if they turn out to be girls in order to halt human reproduction - and they turn out to be twin girls.

The cast in the movie is great, but a lot of Christians, Muslims and Jews who will watch the movie to see how it compares to their teachings in the Bible, Quran, and Tanakh will question many aspects of how this movie compares to what actually happened.

6Ā½/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Ride Along

It's your typical Kevn Hart movie, also I never expecting Ice Cube to play the role of a level headed cop lol. Some comedy elements, but not enough good action.

6/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Honest Thief

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1838556/

1604268250070.png

Wanting to lead an honest life, a notorious bank robber turns himself in, only to be double-crossed by two ruthless FBI agents.

Only the second time for me at the movies this year. I had a gift voucher so thought I'd use it.

This isn't a bad movie, about what you'd expect with Liam Neeson plays Tom, a friendly kind of guy who meets a lady and has a chance at real love. He used to Rob banks simply for the thrill, not the money. He never spent a cent of the $9,000,000 but kept it in storage. He wants to turn himself in the FBI in exchange for a reduced sentence so he can be with his love. The FBI say it'll be hard to convict him without evidence. He hands them the key to the storage where the money is being held, and they investigate. They come across the money, millions of it. You can guess what happens next.

Good action-thriller movie, glad I saw it.

8/10

Hacky McAxe

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Honest Thief

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1838556/

View attachment 1026

Wanting to lead an honest life, a notorious bank robber turns himself in, only to be double-crossed by two ruthless FBI agents.

Only the second time for me at the movies this year. I had a gift voucher so thought I'd use it.

This isn't a bad movie, about what you'd expect with Liam Neeson plays Tom, a friendly kind of guy who meets a lady and has a chance at real love. He used to Rob banks simply for the thrill, not the money. He never spent a cent of the $9,000,000 but kept it in storage. He wants to turn himself in the FBI in exchange for a reduced sentence so he can be with his love. The FBI say it'll be hard to convict him without evidence. He hands them the key to the storage where the money is being held, and they investigate. They come across the money, millions of it. You can guess what happens next.

Good action-thriller movie, glad I saw it.

8/10

That tag line, "Never steal a man's second chance"

So what they're saying is that his second chance was... taken.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This was much better than "Jobs" for mine; a very good film

Partially based on the book "Fire in the Valley: The Making of the Personal Computer" written by Paul Feiberger and Michael Swaine, the director Martyn Burke jump cuts through key moments in time for the two companies in telling the tale of Apple's rise, Steve Jobs' business relationship with Bill Gates, the schism between Jobs and Steve Wozniak, and Apple's fall as Gates out pirates the pirates, and leads Microsoft to dominate the computer industry.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You know somebody has lost the plot when they're at home on a Friday night drinking alone and watching BMX Bandits. That's definitely NOT me, though