• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Movie Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
365 Days

Capture.JPG

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10886166/

Massimo is a member of the Sicilian Mafia family and Laura is a sales director. She does not expect that on a trip to Sicily trying to save her relationship, Massimo will kidnap her and give her 365 days to fall in love with him.

The movie is set in Italy and Massimo is Italian, while Laura is Polish - don't let that fool you though, the majority of the movie is spoken in English as it's the common language they both know. While Massimo kidnaps Laura, he wants her to fall in love with him and gives her 365 days to do so. The beginning of the is mainly sexual tension between the two, you can see that they want to do it, but Laura's pride stands in the way. Then around the halfway point, it begins. The two have sex, lots of sex, sex for hours, and it continues for the most part of the movie. I'm not going to ruin the ending, but it feels like the ending is left open (for the sequel which is currently on hold because of Covid-19) but it will be interesting to see how the sequel plays out.

6½/10

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Watched In Diana Jones last night. Made me reach for the tissues quite a bit. The ending was quite the climax.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
He's Out There

1592353483617.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4052050/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

On vacation at a remote lake house, a mother and her two young daughters must fight for survival after falling into a terrifying and bizarre nightmare conceived by a psychopath.

So the mother and he two daughters, both under 10, must escape the house due to Johnny hunting them. I mean horror movies are meant to be scary, but this one was very predictable. Everytime the mother tried to escape the house, Johnny would do something to scare them back inside, then come hunting for them. Johnny thinks he's done enough to kill the mother, but she recovers and turns the hunter into the hunted.

Meh... Netflix horror movies are comical these days.

4/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Get Hard

[IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2561572/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

When millionaire James King is jailed for fraud and bound for San Quentin, he turns to Darnell Lewis to prep him to go behind bars.

This is a very typical Will Ferrell movie crossed with a very typical Kevin Hart movie. The description describes it fairly well. Well Ferrell's character is his typical softie, hence the movie title. Kevin Hart is pretty funny in this film as you would expect. Over the space of 30 days, they turn James King's house into a makeshift prison and simulate situations that he would come across. It doesn't ever seem to work for him as he remains a softie, and that's when they decide to take the situation into their own hands.

Not a bad film, worth the worth for a laugh.

7/10

ASSASSIN

The Bearded Barbarian
Trophy Points
365 Days

Capture.JPG

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10886166/

Massimo is a member of the Sicilian Mafia family and Laura is a sales director. She does not expect that on a trip to Sicily trying to save her relationship, Massimo will kidnap her and give her 365 days to fall in love with him.

The movie is set in Italy and Massimo is Italian, while Laura is Polish - don't let that fool you though, the majority of the movie is spoken in English as it's the common language they both know. While Massimo kidnaps Laura, he wants her to fall in love with him and gives her 365 days to do so. The beginning of the is mainly sexual tension between the two, you can see that they want to do it, but Laura's pride stands in the way. Then around the halfway point, it begins. The two have sex, lots of sex, sex for hours, and it continues for the most part of the movie. I'm not going to ruin the ending, but it feels like the ending is left open (for the sequel which is currently on hold because of Covid-19) but it will be interesting to see how the sequel plays out.

6½/10
Netflix?

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points

Even though I'm not a fan of Ferrell in anything outside of Step Brothers (Y'ALL DON'T SAY THAT!) I did enjoy that movie. Loved the scary face he tries to make.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Even though I'm not a fan of Ferrell in anything outside of Step Brothers (Y'ALL DON'T SAY THAT!) I did enjoy that movie. Loved the scary face he tries to make.
You ain't gonna like this, but Step Brothers is one of my least favorite WF movies.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Well I just thought it was pretty lame when I compare it to movies that Ferrell owned like Old School, Elf, even the Daddy's Home series. Having said that, there are plenty of his movies I haven't seen.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Is this in English?
The 2 characters are Italian and Polish respectively, so you will get times when they speak in those languages, but in order for them to understand each other, they need to speak a language they both understand, and that's English.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Take Me

[IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6598626/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ray is a fledgling entrepreneur who specializes in high-end simulated abductions. He jumps at the chance when a mysterious client contracts him for a weekend kidnapping with a handsome payday at the end. But the job isn't all that it seems.

I have no idea what possessed me to watch this movie, it has less than half a dozen characters. So get this. The guy is a professional kidnapper, meaning people pay him to kidnap them in order for him to help them achieve whatever. Then a lady pays him to kidnap her for the thrill. He does so, but as the movie progresses, she convinces him that she didn't arrange this, leading us to believe that someone else did. Ray eventually believes her, however he doesn't know what to do because if he lets get go, she might go to the police. Then she manages to turn the tables on him and hold him up with a gun and force him into the boot of her car. When she gets to her destination, she lets him and thanks him for the thrill... so she was in on it all along. There are far too many plot hole, a stupid wig, as well a number of other things for this movie to be believable, but hey, A for effort, right?

3/10

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Undercover Grandpa

[IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3891538/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

When the girl he likes goes missing, Jake enlists the help of his grandpa and Grandpa's former special ops buddies.

It's been years since I watched a good James Caan film, so I thought I'd check this out. It's ok, it's meant to be a comedy but it hits the old people stereotype on far too many occasions. There's probably about 1 or 2 times in this movie where you'd actually laugh. Greta Onieogou looked damn fine in this movie, but it's hard to believe that she was meant to be playing a character about 7 or 8 years younger than she actually was. It had it funny moments but the old people stereotype really being overused was it's eventual downfall for me.

5/10