• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Movie Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Far out... Julie's gotta be in her mid 40s by now and is looking great. The guy who was the big bully is on the left to coach Bombay, and the guy on the right was the bloke with the lasso in part 2.

Great photo man... nice.

the Asian guy? Banks is directly to (our) right of coach yeah?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How many Fast and the Furious films now? Is it just the 9 or were there spin offs as well?

Wahesh

Trophy Points
How many Fast and the Furious films now? Is it just the 9 or were there spin offs as well?
At the moment:
  • 1-8 released of the original franchise
  • Part 9 and Part 10 still to be released - (although part 10 is going to be split up in 2 so there will be 11 altogether)
  • Hobbs and Shaw released (spin off)
  • Hobbs and Shaw 2 (yet to be signed but in the pipeline)
  • Female-centric spin off
So 11 in the main franchise and 3 spin-offs - 14 altogether.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Another cool movie and one of my favourites.. actually have to say that Ashton Kutcher played his role really well

"College student Evan Treborn (Ashton Kutcher) is afflicted with headaches so painful that he frequently blacks out. While unconscious, Evan is able to travel back in time to difficult moments in his childhood. He can also alter the past for friends, like Kayleigh (Amy Smart), who was molested by her father (Eric Stoltz). But changing the past can drastically alter the present, and Evan finds himself in nightmarish alternate realities, including one where he's locked away in prison". -Rotten Tomatoes

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Instant Family with Mark Wahlberg and our own Rose Byrne. It's about a couple who adopt a trio of siblings (although it's not mentioned if they can't conceive). As you would expect, there's a very rocky road at first, things then start to smooth down, then a final hurdle before they live happily ever after. I'm not sure if this movie is a family film though as there is some coarse language and sexual references. I won't ruin it for you if you want to see it - it's available on Netflix.

1622155933605.png

Last edited:
Trophy Points
Watched Red Notice last night on NetFlix.

Quite an enjoyable movie with heaps of over the top action and some comedy. All in all a fairly good movie.

Trophy Points
Finally used a 3 year old Event Cinemas voucher today before it expired in August.

Went to see "Where the Crawdads Sing" starring Daisy Edgar Jones.

The story revolves around Kya, a girl with a rough upbringing who grows up in the marshes in North Carolina. Left to fend for herself from an early age, and shunned by all but a few towns folk, she is fiercely independent. She starts hanging out with a childhood friend who teaches her how to read and write, before becoming the object of her affection. However soon her world turns upside down due to circumstances, and she finds another lover. When her new lover is found dead, Kya (aka the Marsh Girl - to the local villagers) is forced to stand trial for his murder. But did she actually do it, wasit her previous lover, or was someone else entirely to blame?

Excellent casting and beautiful cinematics, means it's never really a chore to watch. Daisy as Kya is brilliant (as is Jojo - the actress who plays young Kya).

The movie is told along several interwoven and parallel storylines: one being how Kya grew up from a girl to a woman, and the other her standing trial.

The movie is well paced and never once seems boring. Keeps you guessing literally up until the last few minutes of the movie.

I'd give this one a solid 8.5 out of 10.

Definitely one to check out!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Finally used a 3 year old Event Cinemas voucher today before it expired in August.

Went to see "Where the Crawdads Sing" starring Daisy Edgar Jones.

The story revolves around Kya, a girl with a rough upbringing who grows up in the marshes in North Carolina. Left to fend for herself from an early age, and shunned by all but a few towns folk, she is fiercely independent. She starts hanging out with a childhood friend who teaches her how to read and write, before becoming the object of her affection. However soon her world turns upside down due to circumstances, and she finds another lover. When her new lover is found dead, Kya (aka the Marsh Girl - to the local villagers) is forced to stand trial for his murder. But did she actually do it, wasit her previous lover, or was someone else entirely to blame?

Excellent casting and beautiful cinematics, means it's never really a chore to watch. Daisy as Kya is brilliant (as is Jojo - the actress who plays young Kya).

The movie is told along several interwoven and parallel storylines: one being how Kya grew up from a girl to a woman, and the other her standing trial.

The movie is well paced and never once seems boring. Keeps you guessing literally up until the last few minutes of the movie.

I'd give this one a solid 8.5 out of 10.

Definitely one to check out!
I actually did see the preview to this one last week and I asked the Mrs if she wanted to go and see it. We got a SNSW "discover" voucher so I might check this one out. I love movies that have a twist in them.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Watched Without Remorse on Netflix last night. It's a movie with Michael B Jordan in it. It's got a few Aussie actors in it as well - not a bad movie (although a little sad).

Speaking of Michael B Jordan... I just found out there's going to be a Creed 3 released next year (currently in post-production) which took me by surprise as I'm certain Sylvester Stallone said that Creed 2 would be the last Rocky movie!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499097/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_11

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@spiritofaslan talked me into it!

Where the Crawdads Sing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9411972/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Where the Crawdads Sing: Directed by Olivia Newman. With Daisy Edgar-Jones, Taylor John Smith, Harris Dickinson, David Strathairn. A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the deep South becomes a suspect in the murder of a man she was once involved with.

A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the deep South becomes a suspect in the murder of a man she was once involved with.

I never thought I'd be someone who would like a movie set in the past - however this movie proved me wrong. It takes us back to the simpler times of the 50s and 60s in North Carolina USA. A girl who grows up in poverty develops into an independent young lady. She has problems mixing with people and is a social outcast, however her natural beauty gets the attention of 2 young men. One man who is her first love, leaves her to pursue college and doesn't live up to his word of returning to her in the Summer. The second man then pursue's her, however has no desire to be with her, only get one thing out of her.

When the second man is found dead, presumed murdered, Kya becomes the prime suspect, and is put on trial. The movie swings back and fourth between the trial and years leading up to it.

Both the defense lawyer and state who argue their sides to the jury are quit convincing. Without ruining the outcome, the jury reach a verdict, however what really happened is not disclosed until the very end.

Great move that never gets too dull or boring.

8/10.