• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Pay under pressure, Dogs NRL meeting looms

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

TDS-Reporter

SM
Trophy Points
Canterbury coach Dean Pay leads a list of NRL coaches under immense pressure after Stephen Kearney’s brutal weekend axing by the Warriors. The Bulldogs had a frenzied finish against Cronulla …

Continue reading...

Feed courtesy of Sportsnews.com.au

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
#Payout
Should not have had the contract extended in the first place.

Trophy Points
If he was working in any real business and delivering such results, he'd have been out on his arse already.

6 month probation, underperform = strike 1, underperform = strike 2, underperform = thanks for your time but its not working out.

Instead we seem to piss about expecting a miracle to suddenly and magically occur.

It won't.

and whilst we apparently have a warchest of money, that is completely wasted by putting a coach so far out of their depths in charge of it.

Would be like getting the cleaner to do the accountancy work, it won't end well.

If the board can't make the decision to send him adrift (which should have been done in the covid19 downtime or offseason), then they only have themselves to blame when they are outed.

My primary concern however is looking at the clubs social media, people are blowing smoke up the clubs arse as if they are watching a completely different game where we are actually doing well.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
If he was working in any real business and delivering such results, he'd have been out on his arse already.

6 month probation, underperform = strike 1, underperform = strike 2, underperform = thanks for your time but its not working out.

Instead we seem to piss about expecting a miracle to suddenly and magically occur.

It won't.

and whilst we apparently have a warchest of money, that is completely wasted by putting a coach so far out of their depths in charge of it.

Would be like getting the cleaner to do the accountancy work, it won't end well.

If the board can't make the decision to send him adrift (which should have been done in the covid19 downtime or offseason), then they only have themselves to blame when they are outed.

My primary concern however is looking at the clubs social media, people are blowing smoke up the clubs arse as if they are watching a completely different game where we are actually doing well.
I wouldn't mind this cleaner as my accountant.
1592831896839.png

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
That's it, there is talent within the side, yet they're lacking the off field training and guidance they need to step it up a notch or two.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Any idea of the replacement and whether it will be an interim for the rest of the year and maybe next year, or poach someone?

Is it safe yet

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Georgallis I would say until they find a coach.Kearney sacking has made the board nervous that if they wait they won’t get who they want and also it doesn’t make them look as bad by not being the first club to sack a coach this year.
All about appearances lol

Is it safe yet

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I have started the Kearney rumour.

May start a Paul Green rumour.

Never know, I could be in the know. :LOL:
Green would be a good fit In my opinion,experienced and strong decision maker.All coaches fall out of favour at some time but the players seem to be happy with him

Trophy Points
The club have to bite the bullet and sack him, because keeping him here is damaging the club threefold.

1. No player will sign with a club who safely supports a struggling coach, for anything other than money.
2. With a huge war chest of salary cap funding available, it will be wasted with Pay, and then if sacked after the fact, we'll have the same cap situation AGAIN trying to offload dead wood. That will be on the boards head.
3. With blokes like Harding, Tass, BBO, Gray, Ghantous, Topine, etc coming through, we have some real talent. But if that talent looks ahead and sees that their career will flatline under Pay, they'll go looking for options with clubs that have coaches that will develop their games. Cases in point: Moses Suli and Morgan Harper.

If I'm the club I'm looking at the coaching landscape out there:
Kearney - Don't go there.
Green / Morris / McGregor - Not officially available yet.
Bennett - Can't argue that he gets results and can nuture talent. Like Gould he isn't afraid to refer players to our club. But is he available?
Griffin - Well worth making enquiries about.
Toovey - Potentially a good pick AND can manage funds incredibly well.
Flanagan - Try as I might, I couldn't support this. His results are unsupported outside a dodgy team. Even if cleared himself of any blame in the peptides saga, the fact remains he allowed people near the players that did, and that's poor judgement in itself.

So for me it's out of 2: Griffin or Toovey, with Bennett or Green IF made available.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
The club have to bite the bullet and sack him, because keeping him here is damaging the club threefold.

1. No player will sign with a club who safely supports a struggling coach, for anything other than money.
2. With a huge war chest of salary cap funding available, it will be wasted with Pay, and then if sacked after the fact, we'll have the same cap situation AGAIN trying to offload dead wood. That will be on the boards head.
3. With blokes like Harding, Tass, BBO, Gray, Ghantous, Topine, etc coming through, we have some real talent. But if that talent looks ahead and sees that their career will flatline under Pay, they'll go looking for options with clubs that have coaches that will develop their games. Cases in point: Moses Suli and Morgan Harper.

If I'm the club I'm looking at the coaching landscape out there:
Kearney - Don't go there.
Green / Morris / McGregor - Not officially available yet.
Bennett - Can't argue that he gets results and can nuture talent. Like Gould he isn't afraid to refer players to our club. But is he available?
Griffin - Well worth making enquiries about.
Toovey - Potentially a good pick AND can manage funds incredibly well.
Flanagan - Try as I might, I couldn't support this. His results are unsupported outside a dodgy team. Even if cleared himself of any blame in the peptides saga, the fact remains he allowed people near the players that did, and that's poor judgement in itself.

So for me it's out of 2: Griffin or Toovey, with Bennett or Green IF made available.
Flanagan Is staying at St George , if green is available I’ll take green, hopefully he can convince Thurston to come and be a halves coach.