• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Random Bulldogs Talk Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This is a similar thread to the random footy talk thread on Reddit, but for anything Doggies related that isn't necessarily worthy of a top level post.

How do you guys feel about the Dogs Parra rivalry these days? Do you think the fact we've been down for so long that the rivalry has taken a hit? there's never really any build up to that clash anymore, and it's all about Penrith Parra now.

I moved away about two decades ago and don't really interact with Parra fans so I personally don't really care about them atm but that might change if we ever become competitive again.

Trophy Points
Personally I don't have any Dogs / Eels rivalry, but that's because of everything that went on with Pete's passing on TK.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Still resent the Eels 4 in the 90's.
Expect it to pick up when we are a genuine competitive threat in the competition again.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I just saw this online. I can't help but wonder where we'd place if this was created 5 years ago... definitely in the 8 somewhere.

gydvgqn7jtl91.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Who are you guys tipping to be captain post Jacko? I'd say Burton is a sure thing with JAC vice, or a two captain setup. Mahoney would be a good option as well. Even further down the line I could see Jackson Topine being in the mix if he remains with us long term.

Trophy Points
Who are you guys tipping to be captain post Jacko? I'd say Burton is a sure thing with JAC vice, or a two captain setup. Mahoney would be a good option as well. Even further down the line I could see Jackson Topine being in the mix if he remains with us long term.
I'd have to agree there. Although they might opt for someone that is likely to not let their game get distracted by it.

JAC / Burton would be the logical choice, maybe even Mahoney or Kikau moving forwards, with Topine in the future.

Honestly I see Topine having a really bright future if he can bring his NSW Cup form into first grade with consistency. I've been trying to think of a player he most reminds me of, but rather coming up blank because he's not a large forward, but then the games going away from big blokes unless they have huge motors.

Maybe like a Reni Maitua style player?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'd have to agree there. Although they might opt for someone that is likely to not let their game get distracted by it.

JAC / Burton would be the logical choice, maybe even Mahoney or Kikau moving forwards, with Topine in the future.

Honestly I see Topine having a really bright future if he can bring his NSW Cup form into first grade with consistency. I've been trying to think of a player he most reminds me of, but rather coming up blank because he's not a large forward, but then the games going away from big blokes unless they have huge motors.

Maybe like a Reni Maitua style player?

I reckon Burton is definitely going to get it. He's got the right head for it.. he doesn't get phased by anything I mean the only time he was a bit rattled was Origin 2, but that's a super rare occasion these days.. even then the whole team was getting dominated in that game.

Yea a bit like Reni hey.. good hole runner and just bursts when he gets the ball.. Now that he has been re-signed I can't help but think Gus and co have chosen to ease him in, along with some of the other younger guys, and with a better squad next year he'll see more game time, along with the likes of Morrin.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Man I really hope they bring back the black jersey next year. Our current jersey just does not look good in the flipped version.

The 80 years black jersey was nice as..

bulldogs15away.jpeg

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I still think JAc instills a lot of enthusiasm in the dogs team. When they are down and behind the goal mouth its not Jackson talking to them it's JAC so he is my pick as captain looking forwards.
Will be so interesting to see our new coach bring some of the panthers drive and attack into our game next year. secret is simple keep the ball alive make the ball do the work and the backs to track good offloaders of the ball in our forwards .

Trophy Points
After watching Kikau tonight, if he carries this years form into next year, that side of the field will be unstoppable.

Prop (e.g King, RFM or TPJ) > Kikau > Burton > Schoupp/Burns > JAC

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
After watching Kikau tonight, if he carries this years form into next year, that side of the field will be unstoppable.

Prop (e.g King, RFM or TPJ) > Kikau > Burton > Schoupp/Burns > JAC

Mate I was licking my lips watching him crunch blokes all night. He's a freakin' beast.

Trophy Points
Our away jersey should be exaclty the same, just instead of Laundy Hotels, just have "AWAY JERSEY" on it!

Honestly though, these days there really is no need for Home and Away Jerseys, it's just a cash grab. All teams should have jerseys which differentiate themselves enough from others.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Our away jersey should be exaclty the same, just instead of Laundy Hotels, just have "AWAY JERSEY" on it!

Honestly though, these days there really is no need for Home and Away Jerseys, it's just a cash grab. All teams should have jerseys which differentiate themselves enough from others.

Yea that's a fair point I mean if you aren't clashing with another team there's no need for it. I just like the black option as I'm not a big fan of wearing white myself.

Bad Billy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Still hate the eels desperately. It’s up there with my hate for souffs.
I’m so glad Penrith won last week, if souffs had won I wouldn’t even be watching the GF this week, I’d have chosen to have hot needles inserted into my urethra instead.