• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Random Bulldogs Talk Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
I'd love to see him return BUT.... only if hes the best player for the job.

He's not as old as people think, when you compare to players like Carney, Maloney, Sezer, etc

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
honestly Nu Brown has been playing better than him, but I do think beyond that it'll be BBO or Rajab who gets a crack at the 14

One of his big issues is his injuries as well..

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Actually does anybody know if Ryan Gray is still under contract? I thought he was our best player in the NSW Cup grand final.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Not sure. I think he is, but not 100%

honestly if he doesn't play that game I reckon Penrith win much by more.. there were other good performers but he got us a lot of momentum at times where we were starting sets deep in our own end.. Hopefully he's still with us.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm just going to drop this in here because there's no confirmation but I saw this post earlier that suggested this is our new kit for 2023.

I think I'll be a bit shocked if that's the final product.. mainly all the blue sponsors...if Laundy have allowed their logo to display in blue that's a big credit to them given it's obviously an exclusive use for the club.

I like it, it's got a slight AFL feel about it, and I love AFL kits, mainly in regards to the simplicity.. the white shoulders are better I think.

**edit the image got taken down from the Facebook fan page, which I assume was a request from the club, so I've taken it down from here**

Did any of you guys see the image on Facebook?

Last edited:
Trophy Points
I'd say more likely that the club or NRL told them to remove it because it was not a legitimate jersey (or someone told them it was not the jersey).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'd say more likely that the club or NRL told them to remove it because it was not a legitimate jersey (or someone told them it was not the jersey).

Yeah it's either,

The club are waiting to do the official launch.
or, it was one of the concepts that was not approved.
or, it is to be the official jersey but is still going through final design tweaks.

The owners of that page really need to know their place sometimes.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Wow, so that is our jersey... I'm shocked! Massive credit to the brands who allowed us to represent them in blue. I personally love it.. love the white sleeves, love the minimalist approach... I might actually buy a jersey next year!

Trophy Points
So Villiame Kikau recently lost his father, and Cameron Ciraldo (with Kikaus blessing) decided to head over the Fiji to be at the funeral (in traditional clothing too), on behalf of not only the dogs, but to support the Kikau family.

Absolute legend!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You guys been noticing how many Bulldogs tries are appearing on the "most watched tries of 2022" thing that the NRL Facebook page has got going? Crazy how the season finished up compared to how it started!

Trophy Points
You guys been noticing how many Bulldogs tries are appearing on the "most watched tries of 2022" thing that the NRL Facebook page has got going? Crazy how the season finished up compared to how it started!
Yeah it's a nice end of year turnaround.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I keep forgetting that we have Luke Thompson in our squad.. I think next year could be a big one for him.. he's obviously had a lot of distractions since arriving but to his credit he's stuck around.

Trophy Points
I keep forgetting that we have Luke Thompson in our squad.. I think next year could be a big one for him.. he's obviously had a lot of distractions since arriving but to his credit he's stuck around.
I must admit I haven't really see him training in any of the media the clubs released.

Maybe he hasn't returned to training yet.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I must admit I haven't really see him training in any of the media the clubs released.

Maybe he hasn't returned to training yet.

belated response, but from what I heard, some of the world cup players were coming back a few weeks later than the other guys. I don't think I've seen Kikau with the team as yet, that's going to be a great sight!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I reckon there's gonna be some real smokeys who thrive under Ciraldo hey.. I've got my money on Hayze Perham.. He's got plenty of skill and quality attributes.. There's been a suggestion that he's training really well under the new coach.

A few English fans as well as Mick Ennis seem to think that Ryan Sutton is in for a great season.