• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Game Round 23 - Dogs vs Eels - Team and Game Discussion Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Wonder who might drop out for Thompson and TPJ.

I'm guessing Patolo and ... Stimson? Topine deserves to be on the bench.

Braidon Burns - has worked with Ciraldo at Panthers Jersey Flegg.

Josh Addo-Carr

Josh Jackson

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Kurtis Morrin must have pissed somebody off to not be getting selected.. He's never let anybody down.

If we win this and Roosters beat Tigers like they should, Parra will be down to 8th spot.

Last edited:
Trophy Points
Kurtis Morrin must have pissed somebody off to not be getting selected.. He's never let anybody down.

If we win this and Roosters beat Tigers like they should, Parra will be down to 8th spot.
KMoz is back in NSW Cup, where he's needed.

I wonder if perhaps he's on the cusp of not being able to play NSW Cup finals if he plays any more NRL games.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
KMoz is back in NSW Cup, where he's needed.

I wonder if perhaps he's on the cusp of not being able to play NSW Cup finals if he plays any more NRL games.

Not sure, but he only played like 3 games or something.. I know they're trying to give a few boys game time but he is a keeper.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sounds like everything went well for Tevita and his partner.. I don't like to get too deep into players personal lives but we know what happened to them so this is really great news.

Trophy Points
Sounds like everything went well for Tevita and his partner.. I don't like to get too deep into players personal lives but we know what happened to them so this is really great news.
Yeah definitely good to hear.

Really keen to see Thompson in action finally.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm glad we've held onto Thompson.. it's been a really crappy start to his NRL career with the covid situation, and the coaching saga, etc, but he'll have a big season next year.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We're probably lucky we signed Ciraldo for 5 years, because we're still so far off the mark it's not funny. These guys are in for a shock come pre-season.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
A true mark of a non-resilient team is conceding all the way to the 80th minute

Trophy Points
Pretty shitty game. We never really seemed to get out of first gear again. Almost like in past few weeks we've actually regressed and gone back to our shitty selves.

Cronulla will put a score on us next week if we don't pull our fingers out.

JAC is really starting to shit me off constantly coming in off his wing in defence. Averillo lacks putting his body on the line.

That said some bloody real ordinary calls in that game didn't help.

Look at the scorelines this week though and it backs up what I've said for a while about the large gaps of disparity in the competition. Is it REALLY that good a look for the sport to have pretty much all teams in a week get 40+ put on them?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I wonder if Josh would be doing that if we had more to play for? seems he's just trying to make something happen.

I'm not really sure if Averillo's ceiling is very high.. He seems like the type of player who will have to work himself super hard like Edwards has done to succeed in the 1.

If we didn't have Ciraldo coming in we could potentially be very, very screwed.. he is tasked with completely reversing the team's mindset.. that will obviously start by working them properly.. it's crazy that such a proud club would stand for having a team that is not even close to the level of the top teams in terms of fitness.

Trophy Points
I wonder if Josh would be doing that if we had more to play for? seems he's just trying to make something happen.

I'm not really sure if Averillo's ceiling is very high.. He seems like the type of player who will have to work himself super hard like Edwards has done to succeed in the 1.

If we didn't have Ciraldo coming in we could potentially be very, very screwed.. he is tasked with completely reversing the team's mindset.. that will obviously start by working them properly.. it's crazy that such a proud club would stand for having a team that is not even close to the level of the top teams in terms of fitness.
Another rough game coming up this weekend, but I won't be around to watch it probably. Meeting up with an old friend I haven't seen in years who just sold their home in the hills to head north.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I doubt you're going to miss much. I don't think I'll be watching it as I no longer have Kayo access.

Our bench doesn't inspire much hope.

Trophy Points
I doubt you're going to miss much. I don't think I'll be watching it as I no longer have Kayo access.

Our bench doesn't inspire much hope.
NSW Cup is on Facebook live this week. I'd be interested to see how TPJ goes in reserves.

Did you cancel Kayo?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I wonder why he's playing there.. Maybe they're just trying to get him to rediscover what he's capable of and bring it back to FG.

I was using my brother's account but I think Kayo are cracking down on those sorts of shenanigans so I just left it logged out. We have Kayo downstairs but I'm just trying to get out more.

Trophy Points
I was using my brother's account but I think Kayo are cracking down on those sorts of shenanigans so I just left it logged out. We have Kayo downstairs but I'm just trying to get out more.
Ahhh gotcha.

I wonder why he's playing there.. Maybe they're just trying to get him to rediscover what he's capable of and bring it back to FG.
Probably to get him playing bigger minutes.