• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Game Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Tigers

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are preparing to host their first home game of the 2023 season; a match that is set to stun as a multicultural extravaganza.
This weekends match will mark 30 years since the Club last hosted a Multicultural Round and Cameron Ciraldo has named a solid side to play against the Wests Tigers on home soil in Round 3 of the Telstra Premiership Draw.

The unchanged squad will look to continue it's form from a Round 2 win in order to topple their neighbouring rivals, while special cultural performances will feature during an afternoon celebration of multiculturalism.
Gates will open from 1:25pm and a NSW Cup match between the Bulldogs and Magpies (kick off 1:40pm) will act as a curtain raiser before the NRL fixture.
With an expected sell-out on the horizon, tickets are selling fast. General admission entry is still available here, and the best way to secure tickets (including limited remaining grandstand seats) is via a Bulldogs Membership (see here for Membership options).
A number of limited edition shirts celebrating the diversity of the Bulldogs team will be available on the day at the Bulldog Belmore and game day merchandise stalls. Game day attendees are encouraged to bring a flag or wear their cultural dress or colours to the game. For fans at home, you can tag us on social media and share your Multicultural Round pride.

No.PlayerSponsor
1Hayze PerhamWaterview
2Jacob KirazSupporting Disabilities Australia
3Jake AverilloAIWC
4Paul AlamotiGuardian Venue Management
5Josh Addo-CarrKhalil Lawyers
6Matt BurtonZaffet Lebnen
7Kyle FlanaganAM PM Plumbing & Electrical
8Max KingDental on Evaline
9Reed MahoneyAccolade Wines
10Ryan SuttonSydney City Building Group
11Viliame KikauAmer Development Group
12Jacob PrestonMMX Projects
13Ray Faitala-MarinerHockingstuart
InterchangeRecovery Partners
14Jayden OkunborHy-Tec
15Corey WaddellPenny’s Crispy Pork Crackling
16Franklin PeleIntello IT
17Fa'amanu BrownTender Loving Care Disability Services
ReservesRecovery Partners
19Braidon Burns
20Karl Oloapu
21Josh Reynolds
22Jackson Topine
23Jayden Tanner

1678770919134.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Happy with this. They all did their job, Waddell included. Obviously Jayden only played for a few minutes but I like the idea of bringing him on in the middle, given his frame.. I feel like he could have an impact against the Tigers' defence.

Trophy Points
Josh Reynolds? I thought he was out for 4-5 weeks.

Just came here to post the team, but totally no need :D Added the telecast screenshot as its live on all stations.

Looking at the Tigers side, I expected them to be completely shit, but they've actually got quite a lot of well known names, and certainly strike power across the field.

Wouldn't be writing them off as a walkover.

1678770999692.png

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Wakeham, Klemmer and Naden ex dogs.
Staines, Koroisau ex panthers.
Be some interesting grudges out there.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Wakeham, Klemmer and Naden ex dogs.
Staines, Koroisau ex panthers.
Be some interesting grudges out there.

Klemmer has been copping a bit in the media over last week's post game drama, it will be interesting to see if he's fired up this week

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Apisai Koroisau has equal 8th highest missed tackles, probably due to carrying the entire team.
Daine Laurie has 2nd highest meters gained, yet not playing.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Apisai Koroisau has equal 8th highest missed tackles, probably due to carrying the entire team.
Daine Laurie has 2nd highest meters gained, yet not playing.

He normally is in the top tacklers list so you can forgive that, but he's not even top 10 atm... poor bloke there must be so much open space around him now.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm so nervous, like I know if we play to our ability we likely win comfortably, but I also know we are capable of playing ourselves out of a contest via poor discipline, and it's very hot. A good win will tell us a lot about where we're at. A loss will be a set back but it's very early days in the Ciraldo era. I'll still be blowing up deluxe though!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Man that was a weird game.

Tanner came on late and played with the least effort.. I don't think his mindset is ready for first grade... all the other players gave just about all they had.

Kiraz, absolute star. Preston solid again. Max King had a bit of a shocker but still put in.. Averillo is a bit of a concern, he's easily beaten by his opposite man.. I do think Skelton will feature in the near future

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Wakeham showing why I wish we kept him, Naden and Klemmer played strong games against us.
We didn't play to our potential at all, yet did show signs of what can be.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Cockinher was on the bench iirc, yet I didn't hear his name called once in the match.
Did he actually make the field?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Cockinher was on the bench iirc, yet I didn't hear his name called once in the match.
Did he actually make the field?

Nah, but was still better than Tanner. Seeing Tanner jogging after the other guys got us a good lead should be a droppable offence

Trophy Points
Tanner needs time in NSW Cup. Not sure what earned him the promotion, but I guess he was due to be behind Davey, Hughes, Patolo, TPJ, Thompson. That would explain why he's quite a bit behind, but he is offering us nothing off the bench.

I'd even go as far as to stick Okunbor in at prop and have him hitting up the middle with his offload as a wide running prop. Bench rotation still needs some work.

We got lucky in this game as the Tigers were coming home strong after we fell asleep in the second half for way too long.

As long as we get the bad side of things sorted this week, because Warriors will torch us if we lapse like that in the upcoming game.