• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

WWE SD/RAW/NXT - House Show Discussion (possible spoilers).

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
@Wahesh NXT next week, Bronson Reed has called out Karrion Kross.

Also kinda annoyed they've turned Del Fantasma heel and he's dropped the luchador mask.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
@Wahesh NXT next week, Bronson Reed has called out Karrion Kross.

Also kinda annoyed they've turned Del Fantasma heel and he's dropped the luchador mask.
Reed and Kross will be an epic rivalry I reckon, both big hard hitters.

Trophy Points
Strangely this week NXT was 3 hours. Massive few weeks coming up though with a North American Title triple thread match, and the next week the winner facing Adam Cole.

Also kinda worried that WWE are going to completely screw Dexter Lumis's gimmick by adding too much of a comical twist to it. They need to keep it strictly serious (like Karrion Kross).

Kross and Reed has the potential to break the ring again. Should be a great match as both are insanely powerful.

I reckon Kross beats read, and then channels his focus back on Adam Cole and snaps him in half.

Trophy Points
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2020/6/29/21307506/major-announcement-wwe-nxt-uk-june-30-2020

NXT UK hasn’t run a show since early March.

Since then, WWE has reportedly scaled back on long-term plans like Triple H’s global expansion so it can focus on maximizing current profits in the pandemic economy. And the United Kingdom scene has been a particular focus of the #SpeakingOut movement, with the company cutting Jack Gallagher, Travis Banks, and El Ligero following sexual abuse allegations.

Interesting time for a “mandatory conference call” with talent. That’s what Wrestling Observer reports will happen for the NXT UK roster tomorrow (Tues., June 30).

The last time we heard about a company-wide call, releases and furloughs followed. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect the same thing here.

But a couple sources indicate that won’t be the news.

TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy says he’s been “emphatically” told by people at WWE that the company remains committed to starting brands & opening Performance Centers worldwide. McCarthy said that because of things like the television contract with BT Sport, “WWE aren’t in a position to shut up shop [in the UK] even if they wanted to – which they don’t.”

Sportskeeda’s Gary Cassidy says there are plans to tape NXT UK empty arena shows “within roughly two months.”

So is that the major announcement we’ll hear about after this conference call?

Firstly WOW... Gallaghers been completely erased from the WWE site. Must have been a pretty serious accusation, or carried some weight. El Ligero was always a bit of a toss anyway.

Hopefully they aren't shutting operations and it's positive news.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I'm thinking NXT UK should just shutdown. It's one of those situations that makes you realise that WWE are so big, that they can not garnish enough international interest to continue to operate at this level. I'm thinking just keep NXT as it is with global talent all HQ'ed in the US and allow them to develop that way.

Trophy Points
With the amount of Aus wrestlers coming through, creating smaller development academies worldwide would be smart.

I was thinking it may be something along the lines of closed filming starting up again.

Trophy Points
Apparently it was overhyped and nothing more than a conference call to tell them to:
a) be ready when taping restarts again in future,
b) advising zero tolerance to substantial sexual abuse allegations,
c) advising that more staff have been released due to sexual misconduct allegations.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Apparently it was overhyped and nothing more than a conference call to tell them to:
a) be ready when taping restarts again in future,
b) advising zero tolerance to substantial sexual abuse allegations,
c) advising that more staff have been released due to sexual misconduct allegations.
I'm interested in knowing more about (c) - interesting.

Trophy Points
It all seems pretty messy if I'm honest, and theres even new allegations against Velveteen Dream.

If these people have a problem, why are they blasting it all over social media instead of taking the matter to police?

In addition why are WWE entertaining potential lies (and damage to their brand), instead of acting only when law enforcement look into and confirm the allegations.

From what I've read, WWE have full control over all WWE signings social media accounts and phones as well, so if something was to happen, why would they use an official account/phone.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...suspended-after-sexual-harassment-allegations
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...s-twitter-account-after-being-accused-671694/
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/06/30/wwe-suspends-joe-coffey-fires-two-nxt-uk-referees/amp/

Hate to say it, but it's almost like anyone that makes an allegation is believed, and if that destroys a wrestlers career and is incorrect, too bad!.

Trophy Points
Caught up with NXT mostly.

Gee theres been some good wrestling in past few weeks:

- Bronson Reed vs Karrion Kross match... farknhell it was brutal. Some massive hits in it. Well worth checking out. 120-150kg deadlifts and suplexes!
- The 3 way battle between Balor, Gargano, and Keith Lee was absolutely amazing!
- Rhea Ripley is back and tearing new arseholes in people!!
- Racquel Gonzalez is a beast and destroying everyone. Almost unfair having her in the womans matches at the moment as she's picking up wrestlers like they are darts.

Trophy Points
@Wahesh latest Smackdowns have had some of the best action I've seen in a long time.

Whilst I'm getting sick to death of Banks and Bayley (they are approaching Charlotte Flair level annoying)..

- 8 way tag team match with New Day & Lucha House Party vs Miz & Morrison & Cesaro and Nakamura - I have a newfound appreciation for how insanely talented Lince Dorado and Gran Metallik are. I always knew they were good but seems someone at WWE HQ finally unleashed them and let them show what they are capable of. Pity they haven't done that was Cesaro too. Can't understand why they continually bring talent down to others levels!

- Jeff Hardy vs Baron Corbin. WWE need to let Hardy off the chain again. He's one of the most unique and athletic guys out there, yet currerntly they are treating him as almost a jobber these days.

Big E always cracks me the hell up.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Last weeks Smackdown was all about Undertaker, I'm not sure what it was all about. Did he announce his retirement? I must've missed it.

The Baylay/Banks heel thing is getting really old now, and WWE need to have them lose the titles then move them back to being faces, they are so bland.

I Baron Corbin - can someone please tell me how he's still employed? He's the most boring wrestler in the company at the moment.

Trophy Points

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@Wahesh - https://thedogsquad.co/community/th...areer-after-wrestlemania-boneyard-match.1417/

I felt it was coming based on The Last Ride documentary.

Have Lucha House Party just been held back? Did you see Lince's moves in that match? Was insane!

Agree Bayley and Banks as heels is getting old. But would they give the title to Nikki Cross though?
Wow I wasn't expecting that. I mean he's been a great wrestler, and I would've expected him to call time on his career during a live event rather than a produced film. Well he's right as he's achieved everything there is to in the business and doesn't have to do anything anymore. What I would actually like though, is for him to wrestle one more time. Next year, WrestleMania 37. Main event, Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar, and it's UT's chance to redeem himself for Brock defeating him a few years back. That would be the perfect way to end his career and end Brocks career.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Have Lucha House Party just been held back? Did you see Lince's moves in that match? Was insane!

Agree Bayley and Banks as heels is getting old. But would they give the title to Nikki Cross though?
I feel that Lucha have never been able to be utilised to the fullest of their potential in WWE. It's quite sad really because they are very talented wrestlers and can provide great entertainment. This is blame on WWE, not LHP.

Yep anyone having a title run would be great right now, I think Nikki is due for a title run, and probably give the IIconics the women's TT titles and let them feud with a new women's TT - maybe even have them compete on NXT more if need be.

Trophy Points
Wow I wasn't expecting that. I mean he's been a great wrestler, and I would've expected him to call time on his career during a live event rather than a produced film. Well he's right as he's achieved everything there is to in the business and doesn't have to do anything anymore. What I would actually like though, is for him to wrestle one more time. Next year, WrestleMania 37. Main event, Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar, and it's UT's chance to redeem himself for Brock defeating him a few years back. That would be the perfect way to end his career and end Brocks career.
I haven't seen Undertaker The Last Ride, but my understanding is his body is wrecked.

Yep anyone having a title run would be great right now, I think Nikki is due for a title run, and probably give the IIconics the women's TT titles and let them feud with a new women's TT - maybe even have them compete on NXT more if need be.
Yeah I can actually see perhaps a title run not for the Iiconics, but maybe Liv and Ruby reforming and having a go for TT title.

Banks I think is interesting to follow. She's challenged Io Shirai (not sure if title match). If it is and she loses, that sets her up for Asuka title match. No doubt she'll lose that. With no WWE Womans Championship, she'll HAVE to target Bayley for a title shot.

Trophy Points
Anyone heard anything about Dominik Djakovic and why he's quiet at the moment? Ever since the claim he was being pushed for RAW debut in May there has been nothing.

Trophy Points
@Wahesh did you hear the news mate?

Sounds like both Kairi Sane and Shayna Baszler are DONE as far as WWE are concerned.

Rumour mill (Dave Meltzer from Wrestling Observer Newsletter) claims:
a) Sane is heading back to Japan where her husband lives, and she's also concerned about the number of injuries she has had of late. WWE also aren't happy with all her injuries happening on live TV and it being a bad look for the brand.
b) McMahon is DONE with Baszler and she's been written out of all storylines. "Vince also soured on Baszler completely because he never conceptually grasped the style that an MMA fighter should use in pro wrestling and she doesn’t check his buttons when it comes to women in wrestling, so he made the call to remove her push and take her off television."

memberberries

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Vince McMahon without a business partner like Hulk Hogan is a nobody.

Everything Jesse Ventura said to him about what his father thought of him was true!

Wahesh

Trophy Points
@Wahesh did you hear the news mate?

Sounds like both Kairi Sane and Shayna Baszler are DONE as far as WWE are concerned.

Rumour mill (Dave Meltzer from Wrestling Observer Newsletter) claims:
a) Sane is heading back to Japan where her husband lives, and she's also concerned about the number of injuries she has had of late. WWE also aren't happy with all her injuries happening on live TV and it being a bad look for the brand.
b) McMahon is DONE with Baszler and she's been written out of all storylines. "Vince also soured on Baszler completely because he never conceptually grasped the style that an MMA fighter should use in pro wrestling and she doesn’t check his buttons when it comes to women in wrestling, so he made the call to remove her push and take her off television."
Well I hadn't actually heard about this.

Ok, so Shayna comes as no surprise. MMA does not work in wrestling, and never will. They are 2 different sports and that's simply how it is. Looking at the poor reception that's been given towards Ronda Roussey and Brock Lesnar, it comes as no surprise that Shayna is out of it now, however I have no idea why Vince persists/persisted with RR and Lesnar.

Sane is a bit of a shock because she's fairly new and came through the ranks. You could even see a storyline building with her and Asuka feuding, so this is a bit of a shock. I feel for her though, hopefully she'll go NJP and tear things up there.