• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Sega

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
0AFF4F10710AA2C78B95F933B7ACBB6202ECA2CA

Plenty of posts about other consoles, so I'm dedicating one to Sega as this company made a system that was my childhood.

1620005817327.png

Last edited:

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I'll take this from the top and post in it periodically.

Back when I was a lad, my siblings and I got the Master System 2 as a Christmas present from our parents. The Master System 2 consoles were on sale due to the release of the Mega Drive. Thankfully this console came with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built into it. Now AKIMW was created in 1986, but man it was an awesome game. The graphics were bright, the mechanics were easy, and there were a few vehicles you could use throughout (bikes, helicopter, jet ski), and the music to go with it was exciting as well. I loves the castle stages, particularly the brown castle as it's hidden. There were shops throughout the game where you could purchase power-ups and other items, and there were multi boss fights throughout as well.

There are hidden/secret areas to access on maps, and a secret "continue" mode that a lot of people would've guessed.

Now for a game built in 1986, for it's time, the game is in my opinion the best in the Alex Kidd series.

10/10

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Master System was the first system we had, with Alex Kidd built in.. man that was exciting at the time.. love the soundtrack.. I actually really liked the packaging of Sega games at the time, as simple as it was.. uses to love looking at them on video store shelves

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Master System was the first system we had, with Alex Kidd built in.. man that was exciting at the time.. love the soundtrack.. I actually really liked the packaging of Sega games at the time, as simple as it was.. uses to love looking at them on video store shelves
Yes, I'm with you there mate. One thing that was iconic about the Master System games was that the cases had the grid around the artwork and all around the case. It was a nice way to finish off the design and you instantly knew it was a Master System game when you saw them.

1620090111943.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yes, I'm with you there mate. One thing that was iconic about the Master System games was that the cases had the grid around the artwork and all around the case. It was a nice way to finish off the design and you instantly knew it was a Master System game when you saw them.

View attachment 1435

Yeah man they were cool.. we never owned a heap of Sega games but probably hired about half of the catalogue over the years back then.. those were the best days for mine when it comes to home video games.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah man they were cool.. we never owned a heap of Sega games but probably hired about half of the catalogue over the years back then.. those were the best days for mine when it comes to home video games.
100% My mates owned PS and N64 but I never had any of them. I love playing them but it wasn't the same as getting up early on a Saturday morning as a kid and playing the SMS.

Remember Rampage? My goodness I couldn't get enough of that game. I'll review that next :)

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
100% My mates owned PS and N64 but I never had any of them. I love playing them but it wasn't the same as getting up early on a Saturday morning as a kid and playing the SMS.

Remember Rampage? My goodness I couldn't get enough of that game. I'll review that next :)

It's always hard to look past the early home consoles as far as excitement goes.. Sega and the original NES were the best times.. eating pop tarts and playing Wonder Boy on a Saturday morning was so much fun

Na never played that one hey but looks cool.. so many games from back then still hold up well today

Sleeky

Squad Member
Trophy Points

I had a Master System and a Super Nintendo. That’s it.

OMG Rampage, eating people was the best!!

Also my fav game of all time, Mario Kart of Super Nintendo. Just wow

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I had a Master System and a Super Nintendo. That’s it.

OMG Rampage, eating people was the best!!

Also my fav game of all time, Mario Kart of Super Nintendo. Just wow

Mario Kart is still fun as hell to play imo, especially multiplayer

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Man that Amstrad version was slow - but it looks more like lag lol. I don't think I'll be able to play it on that one as I'm used to the Master Systems faster speed. Having said that, it's hilarious when you play those stages where the ground is icey and he can't stop as fast and slides along lol.

1620251983598.png

Wahesh

Trophy Points
rampageeu.jpg

Never has a giant Gorilla, Werewolf and Lizard destroying buildings been so much fun. Pick either George, Ralph or Lizzie and go on a destruction rampage across America. This game was originally released on Arcade, then ported to home consoles Atari and NES, but in my opinion, the Master System version mastered it as they had all 3 characters whereas Atari and NES did not have Lizzie.

The game is mainly set at night, with 2 objectives - destroy buildings, and fight off the army. In the Master System version, you can see the helicopters flying in the background coming towards you so there is a little warning about what's coming. The army tanks and artillery vehicles can be a little tougher as they fire projectiles at you which can knock you around - however the wrap-around game play makes it easier to go the other way and attack them from behind.

There are plenty of people in the game - in buildings or walking on the ground. Eating them gives you a little life boost. Then you have the men who drop dynamite in front of buildings. Jump off when these guys come along because being on a building that collapses is danger. Also watch out for what you hit. You don't want to eat a toilet or punch an electric sign.

Very fun game, one of my favorite growing up. 8/10

Last edited: