• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

TV Docs The Documentary Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This is a spectacular location and some good history to accompany it.

In 1859, two surveyors traveling just north of Colorado City stopped in awe as they stumbled upon the Garden. One gentleman remarked this spot, surrounded by towering red geological features would be a "capital place for a beer garden," to which his companion replied "Beer garden! Why this is a place fit for the gods to assemble!" With a 3000 year history stemming from Native Americans to today's thrill seekers, discover the beauty and history of one of the world's most visited and celebrated parks.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Colorado Experience: Forests of Change

Humans have had a relationship with forests for eons. But today, Colorado’s forests are changing, potentially altering this intrinsic connection. Follow scientists and historians as they work to understand this transformation. Decipher tree rings, analyze aerial imagery, and learn of Colorado’s long history to unroot the causes and consequences of Colorado’s changing forests.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Colton Harris-Moore's superhuman ability to escape capture by stealing airplanes and living in the wilderness made him a modern day folk hero. Fusing documentary, graphic novel style animation, and dramatic recreations, the film contrasts the story of a real kid who fell into burglary to keep from starving with his mass media persona, The Barefoot Bandit. While telling Colt’s larger-than-life story, this film examines the public fascination with underdog anti-heroes and how fame becomes the kiss of death for these outlaws we root for.

Trophy Points
Just finished watching this documentary: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...view-a-powerful-depiction-of-nightmarish-pain

"Storyville - Raising a school shooter".

I've had it for a while, just never put aside the time to watch it.

The documentary is an open conversation with the parents of those who have gone on to do school shootings.

It's pretty raw and goes into the impact school shootings had on their families as they struggle to comprehend what happened on the day of the shootings, why they happened, the leadup and signs they might have missed, and coping with the actions of their children. Many of the perps it turns out were bullied, but it (the documentary) makes no excuse for their behaviour.

It covers the parents struggling with blaming themselves for something they might have missed, or not done, or (in one case) for ever having the guns in the house.

Everything from marriage breakups, coping with loss, damage done to their families, trying to piece together / rebuild their lives again, whilst struggling with so many unanswered questions some cannot get answers to.

An excellent documentary on a viewpoint you don't really think too much about.

At the end of the day, even the families and parents are victims as well (with many having to completely rebuild their lives after it).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this documentary: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...view-a-powerful-depiction-of-nightmarish-pain

"Storyville - Raising a school shooter".

I've had it for a while, just never put aside the time to watch it.

The documentary is an open conversation with the parents of those who have gone on to do school shootings.

It's pretty raw and goes into the impact school shootings had on their families as they struggle to comprehend what happened on the day of the shootings, why they happened, the leadup and signs they might have missed, and coping with the actions of their children. Many of the perps it turns out were bullied, but it (the documentary) makes no excuse for their behaviour.

It covers the parents struggling with blaming themselves for something they might have missed, or not done, or (in one case) for ever having the guns in the house.

Everything from marriage breakups, coping with loss, damage done to their families, trying to piece together / rebuild their lives again, whilst struggling with so many unanswered questions some cannot get answers to.

An excellent documentary on a viewpoint you don't really think too much about.

At the end of the day, even the families and parents are victims as well (with many having to completely rebuild their lives after it).

I'm going to assume Sue Klebold is one of the main people in this one? ok I opened the link after I replied, LOL

It's insane how far the ripples go after events such as school shootings.. one of the saddest things I've heard of, is survivors guilt.. like on top of the trauma that the person is already trying to deal with.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This is an absolute classic and features some really big names/pioneers of the Hip Hop scene here in Australia who are still very active today.
Some of you guys might actually know or at least have met Mistery, he is responsible for the murals done for the Bulldogs, around the gym and also the Bulldogs logo painted outside. He and Wisdom make up the Brethren rap duo. They appear at around 18:35.

It gets me so nostalgic when they film inside Next Level Records that used to be above Hungry Jacks on George St, I remember taking photos of the artwork inside that shop and in the stairwell sometime around 2001.

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This is a really really good channel.. Some of you guys may have already seen documentaries or clips from it.. some absolutely stunning ground and drone shots, plus captivating narration.