• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

TV Show Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
@Wahesh you and your partner should start watching Old Enough on Netflix.

It's such a cute and wholesome show that just makes you smile.

Pretty much it's filmed in Japan rural areas and subtitled. Parents give their toddlers tasks they have to complete, and hidden cameramen film them (and have them miked up) as they go about their errands. Only like 15 minutes an episode.

Some kids are cheeky and super distracted, others burst into tears at being unable to complete the task, and others do it with ease.

Wifey and I are loving it.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
@Wahesh you and your partner should start watching Old Enough on Netflix.

It's such a cute and wholesome show that just makes you smile.

Pretty much it's filmed in Japan rural areas and subtitled. Parents give their toddlers tasks they have to complete, and hidden cameramen film them (and have them miked up) as they go about their errands. Only like 15 minutes an episode.

Some kids are cheeky and super distracted, others burst into tears at being unable to complete the task, and others do it with ease.

Wifey and I are loving it.
I'll give it a go man. I haven't heard of it before but love Japanese culture, so I'll definitely look into it.

Thanks man :)

Wahesh

Trophy Points
You guys been watching Lego Masters? I don't mind that show
I know some of the stuff they can come up with is unbelievable. I loved playing with Lego growing up.

My neice has so many of their sets and she has a glass cabinet in the house where they are all display. Unbelievably awesome.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I know some of the stuff they can come up with is unbelievable. I loved playing with Lego growing up.

My neice has so many of their sets and she has a glass cabinet in the house where they are all display. Unbelievably awesome.

Yeah that's it.. I love some of the concepts.. it's cool that you've got people of all different expertise but the briefs are all different and they get pushed outside of their comfort zones.

That's mad bro I reckon Lego would have to be the number 1 kid's toy.. I was always a big fan of the train sets.

This is damn brilliant by Brick Man:
https://www.antarctica.gov.au/news/2018/lego-model-of-new-icebreaker-to-tour-australia/

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah that's it.. I love some of the concepts.. it's cool that you've got people of all different expertise but the briefs are all different and they get pushed outside of their comfort zones.

That's mad bro I reckon Lego would have to be the number 1 kid's toy.. I was always a big fan of the train sets.

This is damn brilliant by Brick Man:
https://www.antarctica.gov.au/news/2018/lego-model-of-new-icebreaker-to-tour-australia/
Mate I loved it growing up, and I only had the simple sets and didn't get any of the new things. All the stuff you can build with them are amazing.

These days, kids are spoiled for choice with heaps of different Lego categories, and heaps of sets within those categories. I think Lego City is the biggest. Then you have (for the girls) Lego Friends and also the Disney Princesses one.

The Lego Elves was perhaps one of their most popular ones too I got this for my niece a couple of years ago for Christmas:

1651812427494.png

Trophy Points
Speaking of Lego... they are just about to release Lego figurines of The Muppet Show characters.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Mate I loved it growing up, and I only had the simple sets and didn't get any of the new things. All the stuff you can build with them are amazing.

These days, kids are spoiled for choice with heaps of different Lego categories, and heaps of sets within those categories. I think Lego City is the biggest. Then you have (for the girls) Lego Friends and also the Disney Princesses one.

The Lego Elves was perhaps one of their most popular ones too I got this for my niece a couple of years ago for Christmas:

View attachment 1981

Damn it, I wrote a reply to this but didn't realise I was out of wiFi range so it didn't even save as a draft.

My niece will be at lego age soon so that'll be good. I think it would be cool if they picked out some of the best builds from Lego Masters and mass produced them. That Elves logo is pretty cool btw

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Damn it, I wrote a reply to this but didn't realise I was out of wiFi range so it didn't even save as a draft.

My niece will be at lego age soon so that'll be good. I think it would be cool if they picked out some of the best builds from Lego Masters and mass produced them. That Elves logo is pretty cool btw
Yeah I loved the Lego Elves too man. I can't believe that stopped making them. I reckon you'll like going to the shops and buying her sets - or even looking at them and deciding which one to buy.

Hey there's an official Lego shop here in Sydney in the Broadway Shopping Centre. Next time you're down this way you should take a look. It's pretty cool :)

Trophy Points
Yeah I loved the Lego Elves too man. I can't believe that stopped making them. I reckon you'll like going to the shops and buying her sets - or even looking at them and deciding which one to buy.

Hey there's an official Lego shop here in Sydney in the Broadway Shopping Centre. Next time you're down this way you should take a look. It's pretty cool :)
Or the hobby shop in QVB. They have so much stuff :)

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points

I suppose they move from theme to theme to keep it fresh, bar really popular themes such as Star Wars. I've actually been thinking about making some custom stuff myself lol but I reckon I'd make a start and get over it pretty quick.

Ahh true! I remember going to the store way back when I was younger, I think it may have been over in Circular Quay at the time.. either way it was so good. I was just watching some Lego Masters reruns to see the work in the first series by Henry & Cade, man those guys had cool styles and concepts.... Their winning piece was so good.

LEGO-Masters-Australia-Poseidon-1024x683.jpeg

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I suppose they move from theme to theme to keep it fresh, bar really popular themes such as Star Wars. I've actually been thinking about making some custom stuff myself lol but I reckon I'd make a start and get over it pretty quick.

Ahh true! I remember going to the store way back when I was younger, I think it may have been over in Circular Quay at the time.. either way it was so good. I was just watching some Lego Masters reruns to see the work in the first series by Henry & Cade, man those guys had cool styles and concepts.... Their winning piece was so good.

View attachment 1994
Mate that's pretty epic. It would've taken ages to put that wave together with the different colour combs. Very well done.

My sister loves the TV show Friends, and she naturally got her daughters into it. They came across the Friends coffee shop Lego set (same one as below). It looks simple but it's misleading - it took 3 hours to put together.

1652396683223.png

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Or the hobby shop in QVB. They have so much stuff :)
They do but they scale back in recent years. All the diecasts such as Hot Wheels and Matchbox are pretty much non existent over there now unfortunately.

The last thing I bought from them was a Hot Wheels Elite One Mystery Machine. It's pretty cool though as it has a Shaggy and Scooby figurine inside the car lol.

1652396910900.png

1652396894123.png

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Mate that's pretty epic. It would've taken ages to put that wave together with the different colour combs. Very well done.

My sister loves the TV show Friends, and she naturally got her daughters into it. They came across the Friends coffee shop Lego set (same one as below). It looks simple but it's misleading - it took 3 hours to put together.

View attachment 1995

yeah dude... building organic type anything in Lego is serious talent. Composition wise it's great as well.

Bahaha that's so good!! My sister was a big fan of Friends as well, I will have to show her. Also, it got me thinking.. I wonder if they've done Seinfeld?! why yes, yes they have..

LEGO-Seinfeld.jpeg

Trophy Points
I'm amazed how, given the simplicity of Lego people/facial features, how they are always able to nail the personas.

Like you could look at that Seinfield one and without even knowing see that its Kramer and George.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm amazed how, given the simplicity of Lego people/facial features, how they are always able to nail the personas.

Like you could look at that Seinfield one and without even knowing see that its Kramer and George.

Outfits and settings certainly help.. I think if you just had the Kramer head it would be questionable, but Jerry and George are undeniable

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You know what the legomasters do for coffee breaks?
They take a walk around the block
If Lego stopped making elves i can only think one thing the company was in trouble and in poor elf

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
they were talking about making a lego Barbie series but as she has grown older the difficulty was in making a sagging set