• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

TV Show Discussion

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Gymnastics Warrior? 😉 I think it's cool because it's not always who you would expect to smash it.. I reckon my arms and legs would be stuffed after the first couple of obstacles
Yeah I wouldn't make it past the first round lol.

Remember that show Gladiators? Same sort of thing. The contestants on that show were crazy fit in order to get through some of those obstacles.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah I wouldn't make it past the first round lol.

Remember that show Gladiators? Same sort of thing. The contestants on that show were crazy fit in order to get through some of those obstacles.

haha yeah I remember! awesome show.

One of my favourite shows back in the day was It's a Knockout! which from memory was a bit similar to WipeOut, only without the sarcastic commentary lol

Trophy Points
Guess whose dog snacked on our AMP and TV remotes when we ducked out the other night..

<--- THIS GUY!!

Just had to pickup a universal remote and hope it works, because whilst the TVs an LG, the amps an ANTHEM which are not found all that often in Australia.

haha yeah I remember! awesome show.

One of my favourite shows back in the day was It's a Knockout! which from memory was a bit similar to WipeOut, only without the sarcastic commentary lol

Public Liability insurance killed that show. Watching it back I'm amazed at the lack of serious injuries in it.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah that would be awesome.. I swear it used to air like really early in the morning right?

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Guess whose dog snacked on our AMP and TV remotes when we ducked out the other night..

<--- THIS GUY!!

Just had to pickup a universal remote and hope it works, because whilst the TVs an LG, the amps an ANTHEM which are not found all that often in Australia.

Public Liability insurance killed that show. Watching it back I'm amazed at the lack of serious injuries in it.
How did you go? Universal remotes are pretty good provided they work. I have a golden rule here - any pets must only come in either to eat or to sleep in the laundry. The rest of the time they remain outside. We only have a cat at the moment, however we're looking at getting a dog sometime in the near future.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Yeah that would be awesome.. I swear it used to air like really early in the morning right?
Yeah from what I remember that was right, however that was probably the syndicated episodes. I dare say they would've been on prime time when they first aired.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah from what I remember that was right, however that was probably the syndicated episodes. I dare say they would've been on prime time when they first aired.

Yeah true, I would have been too young to remember when it initially aired.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So many of those shows where they simply put people in based on looks just to get ratings. Love Island is another.

What about Big Brother? What is the purpose of that show? Have a bunch of strangers locked up in a house and seeing who can last the longest? FFS how pointless is that? That show was run by channel 10, then cancelled, revived by 9, then cancelled again, and now channel 7 think they can actually make it last? LOL.
Gets a dud from me watched 5 mins of absolute nonsense then refused to watch it anymore . An insult to our intelligence.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Yeah and it was watered down and nowhere near as brutal as the original.

Just like Gladiators.

They need something new like it but, something the average Joe can get a shot at.. Ninja Warrior is good but most people would be wrecked after the first few obstacles haha

Trophy Points
They need something new like it but, something the average Joe can get a shot at.. Ninja Warrior is good but most people would be wrecked after the first few obstacles haha
I noticed that Channel 10 have a localised version of Hunted about the screen (starts July 17th 3 nights a week apparently).

Could be decent if they don't fuck it up like the recent UK ones and relax the rules.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I noticed that Channel 10 have a localised version of Hunted about the screen (starts July 17th 3 nights a week apparently).

Could be decent if they don't fuck it up like the recent UK ones and relax the rules.
I watched it last night. It's like a... cheaper version of Amazing Race. It's basically a case of don't get caught rather than getting to a checkpoint though. I thought it was alright but giving the hunters access to all camera's is a little too much IMO. I'm sure they don't have all that access when tracking down real criminals otherwise they'd all be caught within hours.

Trophy Points
I watched it last night. It's like a... cheaper version of Amazing Race. It's basically a case of don't get caught rather than getting to a checkpoint though. I thought it was alright but giving the hunters access to all camera's is a little too much IMO. I'm sure they don't have all that access when tracking down real criminals otherwise they'd all be caught within hours.
Yeah the rules and "faked acces to things", is annoying.

Also getting around with a camera crew is going to stand out somewhat.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Ok so please no spoilers if anyone has already seen this lol.

I watched Rust to Riches (Car Masters) just now, and they were trying to convert a 54 Chevy Bel Air to have a hot tub in the back seat area.

Now, that in my opinion is NOT what they do on that show. I thought they would only restore and beef-up cars. I had no idea they'd do something this stupid as it's completely out of West Coast Customs book.

So... the cars engine was overheating (while in motion) due to how heavy the FILLED hot tub was, and as soon as Mike realised there was a problem, he pulls over, applies the breaks, and water just gushes into the car. Major failure.

I saw this as a problem from the get-go. They should simply stick to restoring cars.

I'm really waiting for Rust Valley Restorers to come back. Season 4 has already aired overseas.

1658723829951.png

Last edited:

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh heck yeah, I just found a bunch of The Wayne Manifesto episodes online, I've been chasing some for a while.