• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

TV Shows from yesteryear

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I thought I'd start a thread just for remembering/discussing old tv shows, as I figured Wahesh's thread was discussions predominantly on current shows...

my favourite childhood show has to be Round The Twist, and I think the best thing about it is that you can still get a kick out of it watching reruns as an adult.. such a random show.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
I remember we learned about Round the Twist in school one day (as unusual as that sounds) so naturally, I got into that. I also loved Agro's Cartoon Connection and Saturday Disney. The classic episodes of the Simpsons were great too. Gee's there were so many great shows back then.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Speaking of The Simpsons, @K E and @ASSASSIN skip to 0:40 in the below - do you remember that scene from this episode? I came to the realisation that The Simpsons did not air certain segments in certain episodes here when I watched the McBain movie - I don't recall seeing that bit when I was a kid either.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I remember we learned about Round the Twist in school one day (as unusual as that sounds) so naturally, I got into that. I also loved Agro's Cartoon Connection and Saturday Disney. The classic episodes of the Simpsons were great too. Gee's there were so many great shows back then.

Yeah man we used to watch RTT at school, it was sick.. it probably wouldn't be allowed these days šŸ˜†

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
All I remembered from this show (The Wayne Manifesto) was that Wayne's old man was a plumber, but once I watched an episode on YouTube it started coming back to me.. Jeffrey Walker who plays Wayne was also the second Bronson (Round The Twist)

It's hard to track this one down as I any DVD or VHS runs were in small numbers.. there is only one remaining episode on YouTube that is in English, while there are a bunch in Spanish ffs

https://www.burberry.com.au/the_wayne_manifesto.html

The Wayne Manifesto is a comedy series of 26 half hours for your audiences which represents a year in the life of tearaway Wayne Wilson - the highs, the lows, the middle, both ends, the rites of passage, the time he skinned his knee and other meaningful stuff. The episodes are based on the characters and situations from the popular Wayne series of children's books written by David McRobbie, which have reached best seller status in Australia and are now published in Britain...

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Speaking of The Simpsons, @K E and @ASSASSIN skip to 0:40 in the below - do you remember that scene from this episode? I came to the realisation that The Simpsons did not air certain segments in certain episodes here when I watched the McBain movie - I don't recall seeing that bit when I was a kid either.

I remember it airing.

Anyone remember Recovery or MC Tee Vee?

Wahesh

Trophy Points
I remember I used to watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Friday nights at 7:30 while waiting for the delayed footy telecast to begin at 8:30. How the times have changed.

I remember once when Kevin Nash was on it lol.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
That reminds me... I also remember when Kevin Nash and Goldberg were on the Love Boat: The Next Wave lol.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I remember I used to watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Friday nights at 7:30 while waiting for the delayed footy telecast to begin at 8:30. How the times have changed.

I remember once when Kevin Nash was on it lol.

Oh yeah ol' Sabrina.. wasn't a bad show.. also reminds me of The Secret World of Alex Mack, from further back..

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This was the show man, absolutely loved this when I was in early high school

Wahesh

Trophy Points
This was the show man, absolutely loved this when I was in early high school

I didn't have pay TV back then so missed out on pretty much all Nickelodeon. I heard my cousins talk about it though so it seemed like a fun kind of channel to watch. Saturday Disney was my go-to source for Saturday morning fun lol.

Trophy Points
Dylan Lewis and his shitty eyebrow ring ..although they were all the rage back then for some reason!
and blonde spiked tips was the in thing. Even I went there.

Oh yeah ol' Sabrina.. wasn't a bad show.. also reminds me of The Secret World of Alex Mack, from further back..
I'll admit... as a teen lad pretty sure I rubbed one out to both of them LOL... and possibly Punky Brewster as well.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
and blonde spiked tips was the in thing. Even I went there.

I'll admit... as a teen lad pretty sure I rubbed one out to both of them LOL... and possibly Punky Brewster as well.

I don't think I ever ran spike tip out of my own desire but pretty sure my mother got me the hair cut. Who didn't over Sabrina haha.. I don't think I ever considered her to be that hot, but let's be honest, that's not what it's about