• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

TV Shows Underrated TV Shows

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
What are some TV shows/sitcoms you feel never got the attention/respect they deserved. Obviously, this is a matter of opinion.

I feel that King of Queens and King of the Hill were massively underrated. KoQ reminds me of me and my missus, I'm the fat, funny guy while she's she hot, kind of a bitch at times girl. Arthur Spooner (Jerry Stiller) practically made that show.

And King of the Hill is my all time favourite show. Didn't need to be crude or rely on stupid, over the top stories to be a great show. It felt real. I know a lot of people found/find it boring but I love it. It's oddly calming to me, for some reason.

Trophy Points
KoQ was good, for it's era. After a while Kevin James just got annoying/same same and the show relied too heavily on Jerry Stiller for the one liners (which he owned). As a comedy it didn't age well though.
HotH I never got into much, probably because it was more centered around Americanised lifestyle.

Two that spring to mind as underrated:
Bobs Burgers - similar to KotH but never really got the attention it deserved.

The Last Alaskans - to this day one of the most emotional and real documentaries I've watched. It centres around (about 10) families that live way up in the Alaskan Wilderness, and are licensed to own log cabins there. The licenses expire when the family line dies off. Covers from the aging hunters and trappers, to the young arrivals wanting to carry on tradition. What separates it from every other documentary, is how beautiful and pure it is. No scripting and very rarely do you hear the cameraman/production staff (normally its only when theres a specific question/conversation). The filming and cinematography are done to be minimally intrusive, and allow those in the show to relate everyday life to the camera crew. Sadly it was not renewed for Season 5 after Discovery Channel decided it was not "dramatic" enough and they wanted to shift focus to reality-drama.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Definitely. KoQ went on for 2 maybe 3 seasons too long. It grew stale towards the end. His new show which lasted for 2 seasons was a terrible non remake. It was pretty much KoQ but MUCH less funnier. Apparently, Kevin James asked Jerry Stiller to be in it but he turned it down.

Trophy Points
Definitely. KoQ went on for 2 maybe 3 seasons too long. It grew stale towards the end. His new show which lasted for 2 seasons was a terrible non remake. It was pretty much KoQ but MUCH less funnier. Apparently, Kevin James asked Jerry Stiller to be in it but he turned it down.
I was suprised earlier this year to see Jerry passed away at 92. Never realised he was that old.

Was that other show Kevin Can Wait? I didn't bother with it. Kevin James suffers from "David Spade Syndrome". An inability to break out past a single character type, due to staying in one role too long.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
I was suprised earlier this year to see Jerry passed away at 92. Never realised he was that old.

Was that other show Kevin Can Wait? I didn't bother with it. Kevin James suffers from "David Spade Syndrome". An inability to break out past a single character type, due to staying in one role too long.

Yeah, Kevin Can Wait. Beyond terrible. He killed off the mother character at the beginning of season 2 (this was supposed to be a comedy, FFS. Couldn't they come up with a funny reason to leave him?) to shoehorn Leah Remini into the show. The first episode she was in was called "Sting of Queens". They were both cops or some shit.

They had a token black character which was a watered down version of Deacon and of course Leah Remini played practically the same role as Carrie Heffernan.

Fuck, please don't start me on David Spade. He is painfully unfunny. He's as funny as aids, cancer and coronavirus.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Bojack Horseman is an underrated show, IMO.

It's not laugh out loud hilarious but I find the writing very clever and the way it touches on mental health is real despite the main character being a horse.... man.

Trophy Points
First season or two was good, then for me it went way too PC/SJW and they completely ruined it.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
First season or two was good, then for me it went way too PC/SJW and they completely ruined it.

Diane was an annoying SJW but I did enjoy the anxiety/drug use/self destruction side of the show.

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Becker. That was such a unique and funny show. You don't think a show about an angry doctor would be funny but this one was. It went downhill from season 5 though when they replaced Reggie with Chris, then even more so from season 6 when they replaced Bob with Hector.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
UK comedy is very underrated for mine and there are plenty of shows but the most underrated for mine is Peep Show

Last edited:
Trophy Points
UK comedy is very underrated for mine and there are plenty of shows but the most underrated for mine is Peep Show

There's some cracking UK comedies out there, because it's a different style of humour.

Anything with Karl Pilkington, Jack Whitehall Travels with my Father, Travel Man, The IT Crowd, Lifes Too Short, I'd even go as far as Top Gear.

Used to love The Goodies when I was younger, and Benny Hill.

Friday Night Dinner was pretty good, but gets "same/samey".

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
There's some cracking UK comedies out there, because it's a different style of humour.

Anything with Karl Pilkington, Jack Whitehall Travels with my Father, Travel Man, The IT Crowd, Lifes Too Short, I'd even go as far as Top Gear.

Used to love The Goodies when I was younger, and Benny Hill.

Friday Night Dinner was pretty good, but gets "same/samey".

I was a fan of the IT Crowd.. and of course, The Mighty Boosh

12af8d7a36511bca9ee040efc9846935.png

Trophy Points
Hey @Wahesh have you checked out "Rust Bros Restorations" on Netflix? Quite enjoyable and they restore muscle cars from pretty much rust buckets.

Wahesh

Trophy Points
Hey @Wahesh have you checked out "Rust Bros Restorations" on Netflix? Quite enjoyable and they restore muscle cars from pretty much rust buckets.
Dude are you kidding me? I'm obsessed with that show. I've already watched the 3 seasons available and I'm waiting on the next one as well.

Mike and Connor take the piss out of each other HARD :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

With over 400 cars though I'm not sure if Mike will ever get round to all of them lol.

I also watch Rust to Riches (Gotham Garage) on Netflix. Season 3 just released. I'm similar in a way but focuses on restoring and trading in for a bigger project.

Trophy Points
Dude are you kidding me? I'm obsessed with that show. I've already watched the 3 seasons available and I'm waiting on the next one as well.

Mike and Connor take the piss out of each other HARD :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

With over 400 cars though I'm not sure if Mike will ever get round to all of them lol.

I also watch Rust to Riches (Gotham Garage) on Netflix. Season 3 just released. I'm similar in a way but focuses on restoring and trading in for a bigger project.
I had to laugh reading their Google Business page.

Someone has asked if Avery is Ron Jeremys son, and someone replied he's the love child of Ron Jeremy and Danny Devito as the penguin .. LOL the likeness is uncanny.

I'm only 3 episodes in. Decided to ditch Fastest Car. I've got that Gotham Garage on my list as well to check out.

Been watching that Glow Up show a bit and thats pretty cool.

Also if you want a laugh Paradise PD is so so very wrong, but funny as hell (as you have a warped sense of humour like me).

Wahesh

Trophy Points

Someone has asked if Avery is Ron Jeremys son, and someone replied he's the love child of Ron Jeremy and Danny Devito as the penguin .. LOL the likeness is uncanny.

I'm only 3 episodes in. Decided to ditch Fastest Car. I've got that Gotham Garage on my list as well to check out.

Also if you want a laugh Paradise PD is so so very wrong, but funny as hell (as you have a warped sense of humour like me).
Paradise PD and Mork and Mindy are 2 cartoons on Netflix I want to watch badly lol. The problem is finding time in the day to watch these all LOL. I reckon you'll like Gotham Garage more because of the business aspect, but Rust Bros is awesome.

The way you described Avery is spot on lol... Penguin and Ron Jeremy. He's also a slob when you see all the crap he has in his car. But he knows a lot about engines.

Trophy Points
Paradise PD and Mork and Mindy are 2 cartoons on Netflix I want to watch badly lol. The problem is finding time in the day to watch these all LOL. I reckon you'll like Gotham Garage more because of the business aspect, but Rust Bros is awesome.

The way you described Avery is spot on lol... Penguin and Ron Jeremy. He's also a slob when you see all the crap he has in his car. But he knows a lot about engines.
Paradise PD is only 20-30 minutes an episode, so whilst having lunch or dinner, or before I doze off to sleep its perfect.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
SBS airing an X-Files threepeat on Saturday nights is a nice nostalgic throwback to the 90's.

Wahesh

Trophy Points

Dude how many seasons into this show are you?