• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Virtual Wonderland

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

This brings back some great memories!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...PFbTlKOwMCra8ODW9ZzqargeP6e0XY6LvTVQxsUfaVD2s

DESCRIPTION
A vastly improved and more detailed re-creation of the now defunct themepark 'Wonderland Sydney' which was located in Western Sydney, Australia. Every aspect of the park has been upgraded; from the signage, ride queues, realistic buildings, track layouts... everything.

The park opened in 1985 and operated for 19 years, closing in 2004. The park itself was styled on Canada's Wonderland. It was extremely popular through the 80's and 90's. Unfortunately in 1997 the park was sold to the 'Sunway Group', who failed to invest in the park and sold off the land rights for a profit 7 years after their purchase. Breaking the hearts of millions of Australian children in the process.

The park still has a massive following even today. We'd love to see it brought back to life, however this 'Virtual Wonderland' will have to suffice in the meantime. I hope this park brings back fond memories of a better time.

2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg

Trophy Points
Fark that's some serious dedication and time right there.

I've got Planet Coaster but it's one of those games I haven't put much time into (generally games where I have to engage for a lengthy period I don't have a lot of time for playing in long sittings).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I know right, it's a shame that there's not a lot of reward for stuff like that bar personal satisfaction and a bit of nostalgia etc.. just because of the hours that would have been put into it. Oh well as long as he enjoys working on it it's all good.. I'd love to have the chance to visit the real Wonderland once again

Trophy Points
I know right, it's a shame that there's not a lot of reward for stuff like that bar personal satisfaction and a bit of nostalgia etc.. just because of the hours that would have been put into it. Oh well as long as he enjoys working on it it's all good.. I'd love to have the chance to visit the real Wonderland once again
I'd be interested to know if it hadn't closed, would it still be open today, or would something like Covid have taken it out.

The industrial park where it once laid is freaking huge, yet mindblowing that it's one road both in and out. Around peakhour its a nightmare.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'd be interested to know if it hadn't closed, would it still be open today, or would something like Covid have taken it out.

The industrial park where it once laid is freaking huge, yet mindblowing that it's one road both in and out. Around peakhour its a nightmare.

Yeah true like from all accounts the last owners were dodgy so I suppose in the right hands it could have easily survived given they were always turning a profit.. even with the changes in society there's always a market for theme parks

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
How would something like this work though, I mean is it virtual reality @Howard Moon @spiritofaslan or is it more like just a PC tour of it? I'd like a virtual reality tour of something like videos stores which we can't access anymore - I think that would be cool :)

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How would something like this work though, I mean is it virtual reality @Howard Moon @spiritofaslan or is it more like just a PC tour of it? I'd like a virtual reality tour of something like videos stores which we can't access anymore - I think that would be cool :)

I'm actually not sure what the end game is, I think it's more just a virtual tour but it would be cool if it were made to be interactive at some stage. Either way I think it's great for nostalgia and an awesome way to give younger kids who never experienced wonderland a better idea of what it was like.

Trophy Points
You can download it and ride all the rides first person I'm pretty sure.

It's a mod/level for Planet Coaster, just like people making huge changes to GTA.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You can download it and ride all the rides first person I'm pretty sure.

It's a mod/level for Planet Coaster, just like people making huge changes to GTA.

That's awesome! I'd love to go back in time and ride the Snowy River Rampage once more though!

Wahesh

Beast by Name, Beast by Nature
Trophy Points
Wonderland is coming back it got approved for 1 billion dollars funding.
I know I heard about this a few years ago, but the sad thing is that it will be nothing like the old one we all remember. I guess if they at least have a few of the rides the old one had it will have a similar kind of vibe. The new one is likely to be located in either Eastern Creek or Hoxton Park.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
I know I heard about this a few years ago, but the sad thing is that it will be nothing like the old one we all remember. I guess if they at least have a few of the rides the old one had it will have a similar kind of vibe. The new one is likely to be located in either Eastern Creek or Hoxton Park.
Yeah true it won’t be the same but it’s better than nothing I guess.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I honestly can't fathom how it has not been done already. I know they had the water park out west, but you need something that's good for any season. If they make anything even close to what Wonderland was, it will be successful, under the right owners.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
I honestly can't fathom how it has not been done already. I know they had the water park out west, but you need something that's good for any season. If they make anything even close to what Wonderland was, it will be successful, under the right owners.
Wonderland was like 2 parks into one, you had water park and roller coasters.
Mini Disneyland.

Trophy Points
I know they had the water park out west...
Raging Waters is still out there these days, but only operates during summer months.

I don't think its ever coming back. The billion dollar investment/backers seem like Rich Energy who backed F1.