• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Barrett provides insight into new beginnings at Belmore.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/11/20/barrett-provides-insight-to-new-beginnings-at-belmore/

Every time this bloke speaks, you can't help but be impressed. Really looking forwards to what he can do with the club.

He also mentions being a Bulldogs fan from a young age, as his brother Scott played for the club in 1990. Terry Lamb was his favourite player, and he almost played for us twice.

Speaks of the future and growing with a team of core players long term at the club.

Also some shots of Thommo and Flanno.

1605869139999.png

1605869149286.png

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
I'm still kinda shocked we have Flanagan. Yes, he's not the best halfback in the game but, IMO, he did practically nothing wrong last year. I think his only crime is/was his name isn't "Cooper Cronk".

Who the hell did the Roosters even replace him with?

Trophy Points
Who the hell did the Roosters even replace him with?
Sam Walker (son of Ben Walker - ex coach of Ipswich Jets alongside his brother Chris Walker). Was in Broncos system and they, Titans, Cowboys and Rugby were also after him. Has been touted as the next big talent after Ponga (and we all know how Pongas working out).

Roosters swooped in offering him a 2 year "$300,000" deal.

Highlights package doesn't look anything special.... so time will tell. If he doesn't perform Roosters will cut him pretty fast (like they do with any talent that doesn't work out).

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Very impressed with Baz so far.

Not getting ahead of myself tho like I did with Pay.

It's going to be a lot of hard work getting our guys competitive and fit again, then the game management and tactics start.

But it looks very promising.
Just listened to the interview with Barrett and he sounds very positive. Three positions still vacant and he is not showing his hand but says he is hopeful of seeing some results in the next few weeks so they obviously have something in mid which again is positive rather than waiting until next season starts then pressing the panic button to look around for three more. They all need to blend into the team before January.