• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official BREAKING: Ciraldo lands Bulldogs gig on five-year deal

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Cameron Ciraldo has landed his first NRL head coaching gig as he reportedly inked a five-year deal with the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Ciraldo, considered one of the brightest coaching minds in the game, has spent several years as Ivan Cleary’s understudy at the Penrith Panthers.

He has also turned down a number of approaches from other teams for a head coaching position previously, including one from the Wests Tigers earlier this season.

Ciraldo had been heavily linked with the vacancy at Belmore after Trent Barrett left the role earlier this season.

He will take over a resurgent Bulldogs outfit thanks to interim coach Mick Potter’s efforts.

MORE TO COME …

Trophy Points
From what I'm reading Greg Alexander has blabbed nd other media have picked it up as "official".

Though media have been sayng its a done deal for a while now.

Wonder if Alexanders done this to force Gould / the club to dome out and announce it on Monday?

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
this is from the bulldogs official site just now
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to announce that Cameron Ciraldo has been appointed as NRL Head Coach for five (5) seasons, commencing in 2023.

As the Club continues to build for long-term sustained success, we are pleased Cameron shares the vision of ensuring our football programs are best-in-class.

With respect to Cameron and the Penrith Panthers, we will not be making any further comment until the end of the season.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So yes it is now official and confirmed by the club. I suspect the woeful game they played on Friday coupled with the ire of the supporters has flushed the club out to officially tell us all now finally ....

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I just hope the club retains Mick Potter as an assistant coach after his great efforts to turn us around this season

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
From what I'm reading Greg Alexander has blabbed nd other media have picked it up as "official".

Though media have been sayng its a done deal for a while now.

Wonder if Alexanders done this to force Gould / the club to dome out and announce it on Monday?

I'd say it would have got out regardless.. these types of announcements tend to always come out before the club officially announces it, whether it be the manager speaking to people, or whatever.

Trophy Points
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2022/08/14/ciraldo-to-depart-panthers-at-seasons-end/

Ciraldo to depart Panthers at season’s end​

Panthers Media - Sun 14 Aug 2022, 03:50 PM

Penrith Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo will depart the club following the 2022 NRL season.
Ciraldo will remain at the Panthers for the remainder of the season before taking up the NRL head coach position at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Ciraldo joined Panthers as a player in 2012 under the coaching of Ivan Cleary before continuing his career as a coach following his retirement in 2013.

He became the assistant coach of the club’s under-20s team in 2014 before progressing to the NYC head coach role, and then later became an NRL assistant coach.
Ciraldo had the opportunity of coaching the current crop of NRL players when they were at the under-20s level, and has been a key factor in the career progression of a number of representative players.
Ciraldo was also influential in helping the Panthers reach back-to-back NRL grand finals, including the 2021 premiership, and was responsible for the club boasting the best defensive record in the competition over the past two seasons.
“On behalf of all at Panthers, we would like to congratulate Cameron for his appointment as an NRL head coach,” Panthers Rugby League CEO Matt Cameron said.
“Although we’re saddened to see Cameron depart the club at the end of the season, we’re thrilled to see him progress to the next chapter of his NRL coaching career.
“A highly-respected member of the coaching staff, Cameron has played his part in making our club a source of community pride, and was influential in providing an environment for players to thrive.
“We wish Cameron, his wife Kim and their children all the best in the next chapter of their lives, but we are excited for him to finish the season at Panthers.”

---------------------------------

I'd say it would have got out regardless.. these types of announcements tend to always come out before the club officially announces it, whether it be the manager speaking to people, or whatever.
Alexander is on board of directors for Panthers and it's well known he hates us.

I'm not 100% sold on the appointment, but that's probably because we heard the same sort of things with Barrett and that turned out to be a monumental waste of time.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2022/08/14/ciraldo-to-depart-panthers-at-seasons-end/

Ciraldo to depart Panthers at season’s end​

Panthers Media - Sun 14 Aug 2022, 03:50 PM

Penrith Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo will depart the club following the 2022 NRL season.
Ciraldo will remain at the Panthers for the remainder of the season before taking up the NRL head coach position at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Ciraldo joined Panthers as a player in 2012 under the coaching of Ivan Cleary before continuing his career as a coach following his retirement in 2013.

He became the assistant coach of the club’s under-20s team in 2014 before progressing to the NYC head coach role, and then later became an NRL assistant coach.
Ciraldo had the opportunity of coaching the current crop of NRL players when they were at the under-20s level, and has been a key factor in the career progression of a number of representative players.
Ciraldo was also influential in helping the Panthers reach back-to-back NRL grand finals, including the 2021 premiership, and was responsible for the club boasting the best defensive record in the competition over the past two seasons.
“On behalf of all at Panthers, we would like to congratulate Cameron for his appointment as an NRL head coach,” Panthers Rugby League CEO Matt Cameron said.
“Although we’re saddened to see Cameron depart the club at the end of the season, we’re thrilled to see him progress to the next chapter of his NRL coaching career.
“A highly-respected member of the coaching staff, Cameron has played his part in making our club a source of community pride, and was influential in providing an environment for players to thrive.
“We wish Cameron, his wife Kim and their children all the best in the next chapter of their lives, but we are excited for him to finish the season at Panthers.”

---------------------------------

Alexander is on board of directors for Panthers and it's well known he hates us.

I'm not 100% sold on the appointment, but that's probably because we heard the same sort of things with Barrett and that turned out to be a monumental waste of time.

I think he's the best candidate so I'm happy about that. I also like that he's a defence coach because it doesn't matter how well you can attack if defence is not in order, and that's an area we still struggle with.. if our defence was a bit better we'd of won many more games over the past few months.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Does anyone know what Greg Alexander's problem with us is?

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Alexander should have stayed out of commentating when he retired from playing with the panthers with his definite bias towards the panthers. Some players do not necessarily make good coaches likewise some players do not make good commentators. They need to stay neutral because they are calling all different games on behalf of many different supporters not just the team they played with.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think most of them do it, some are just better at hiding it than other's.. Brandy is a very emotional guy and sometimes he let's it get the better of him.. I honestly don't mind him most of the time, but he overstepped the mark a bit when making jokes about Burton backflipping on his Dogs deal, and now this.. But to be honest I see it as a positive as well.. with Baz they didn't seem to have any problems with him joining us.. but Ciraldo they wanted to keep.. there's definitely something about Cameron that those who have worked with him believe he's got what it takes to be a long-term head coach.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm just gonna share this here for anybody who wants to take a listen.. this was uploaded on July 10

Welcome to The Bye Round Podcast, brought to you by PlayUp. In today's podcast we chat with Panthers Assistant Coach & Rugby League's most wanted man Cameron Ciraldo!