• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Bulldogs confirm Top 30 Squad for 2021.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
Bulldogs confirm top 30 squad for 2021
bulldogs.com.au
Tue 10 Nov 2020, 03:43 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can provide the following update on the club's official NRL squad for the upcoming 2021 season.

Under the terms of the CBA between the NRL and RLPA, each club is required to have the contracts of a minimum of 24 players registered by November 1.

Twenty-nine players must be contracted by the start of next March, with the final roster spot to be filled by June 30 next year.

The current NRL contracted squad stands at 28 players following the release of Blake Green after an agreement was reached between the club and the Newcastle Knights that will see the five-eighth remain with the Knights in 2021.

Canterbury currently have two spots still available before the June 30 deadline.

The Bulldogs confirmed the signings of Nick Cotric, Kyle Flanagan, Corey Waddell and Jack Hetherington during the 2020 season as new faces to the club’s roster, while local junior Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Tyrone Harding have been elevated from the club’s development squad in 2020 and rewarded with top 30 contracts.

Preparations for the 2021 season begin on November 16 under new coach Trent Barrett and his newly appointed football staff.

TOP 30:
Adam Elliott
Brandon Wakeham
Chris Smith
Christian Crichton
Corey Waddell *new signing*
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Dean Britt
Dylan Napa
Jack Hetherington *new signing*
Jake Averillo
James Roumanos *promoted to main squad*
Jayden Okunbor
Jeremy Marshall-King
Joe Stimson
Josh Jackson
Kyle Flanagan *new signing*
Lachlan Lewis
Luke Thompson
Nick Cotric *new signing*
Nick Meaney
Ofahiki Ogden
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Reimis Smith
Renouf Atoni (To'omaga)
Sione Katoa
Tui Katoa *promoted to main squad*
Tyrone Harding *promoted to main squad*
Will Hopoate

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS:
Matt Doorey *back into development squad*
Paul Karaitiana (half/back)
Jackson Topine (second row/lock)
Kurt Picken (back)
Chris Patolo

Last edited:

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
well I count 28 with 5 development players unless my maths is wrong that makes 33
or if you don't count the development players we still sit at 28 with two spare spots

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I just realised that we have another 16 players coming off contract at the end of the 2021 season, many first graders among them.. pretty good position for Trent and the club given that most of them wouldn't get a start with a top team

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Oh yes I noticed this yesterday when I was looking at how many of the current team are off contract at the end of next year. It could work for us if those players wake up to the fact that their future in rugby league hinges on how well they perform all next season with the dogs because if we let them go at the end of next year on their current form no other team would want to sign them.

Trophy Points
I suspect theres a few good pickups just around the corner/almost over the line. Trent mentioned on radio recently there is some juggling to be done to the roster.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Looks like Hughes will be staying at the Storm, and they also have to upgrade Finucane along with the other two.. Looking a little better for us in re to securing Burton

Trophy Points
Looks like Hughes will be staying at the Storm, and they also have to upgrade Finucane along with the other two.. Looking a little better for us in re to securing Burton
I particular if Tigers sign Roberts and Mansour.

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Do the Ninth Tigers still have Mbye and Reynolds on their books?

Also, that fat criminal Packer is gone, right?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Do the Ninth Tigers still have Mbye and Reynolds on their books?

Also, that fat criminal Packer is gone, right?

Reynolds and Packer till the end of 21, Mbye 22... obviously trying to offload all three but no love as yet.....

cooked club

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Reynolds and Packer till the end of 21, Mbye 22... obviously trying to offload all three but no love as yet.....

cooked club

I thought they got rid of Packer? Hahahahaha

That's a combined 2.4 million, isn't it?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I thought they got rid of Packer? Hahahahaha

That's a combined 2.4 million, isn't it?

There was talk about him medically retiring but I don't think it eventuated

Haha yeah, and the worst thing about it is that they weren't exactly in a fight for any of those signatures... they really are the weak link of the NRL and should be merged with Souths

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points

cooked club
maybe a swap with the storm in 2021 for JAC in return for giving them Reynolds and Packer plus that will free up 3 million to buy JAC for one season

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Sounds like Mansour is a done deal and I saw an article this morning which claimed that the Tigers were impressed by James Roberts after their meeting
they were impressed cos he king hit their media woman for not wanting him