• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Bulldogs set to announce Ciraldo as coach NEXT week as Gus gets his man: Jimmy Brings

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

THE drums are beating louder and louder about the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs having landed the signature of the most sought-after assistant coach in rugby league in Cameron Ciraldo.

The mail being kicked around town all Thursday was Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould has got his man with an official announcement about Ciraldo to be made next week.

We told you last week if the bookmakers were framing a market Ciraldo would be at a price of $1.10 but after another week of discussions the quote would be slashed to $1.04.

Ciraldo will be the Bulldogs coach in 2023.

Canterbury-Bankstown’s major sponsor Craig Laundy was spotted at lunch with Ciraldo and his agent master negotiator George Mimis last week further ramping up the Bulldogs pitch to bring the Panthers assistant coach to Belmore.

The trio was spotted at The Locker Room bar at Sydney Olympic Park.

Since then the talks have continued to progress to the point where it’s believed the Bulldogs will make the announcement official early next week.

It’s a major coup for Canterbury-Bankstown considering they have Villiame Kikau arriving from Penrith next year and ex-Panther Matt Burton coming off contract at the end of next season.

Ciraldo has previously worked under Gould as an NRL caretaker coach when Anthony Griffin was sacked at Penrith in 2018.

Trophy Points
Copy and Paste.

Last week it was "announced at end of week", so I have zero confidence in anything the media says.

It's almost like they are forcing the club to announce Ciraldo for some strange reason.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Copy and Paste.

Last week it was "announced at end of week", so I have zero confidence in anything the media says.

It's almost like they are forcing the club to announce Ciraldo for some strange reason.

Yeah lol. Well they're all pretty much saying the same thing now so it's only a matter of time.

Did you see Ciraldo on James Graham's podcast? I found it interesting that the first bloke he mentioned when talking about defence was Kikau, I mean we all see what he does on game day, but it sounds like he's going to really set the tone at training.