• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Bulldogs star Josh Addo-Carr knocked out in ugly all-in brawl at Koori Knockout

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Police are investigating after Bulldogs superstar Josh Addo-Carr was reportedly knocked out during an ugly brawl at the Koori Knockout on the NSW Central Coast on Saturday.

The Daily Telegraph reports the brawl erupted during the clash between the Sydney All Blacks, who Addo-Carr was playing for, and Walgett.

According to the report, Addo-Carr was collected with a high tackle triggering a melee that saw spectators involved. It then spilled into the crowd forcing the match to be called off.

South Sydney Rabbitohs star Jack Wighton was also playing in the match.

Addo-Carr is believed to have left the venue before police arrived.

In a statement to NewsCorp, police said members of the crowd had attempted to stop a fight on the field.

“About 1.45pm (Saturday 30 September 2023), two teams were playing as part of a rugby league carnival at a sporting complex at Tuggerah, when an on-field fight broke out,” the statement said.

“Some players and spectators attempted to break up the fight, which then spread off-field, whilst others became involved.

“Police and event security broke up the brawl a short time later and the crowd dispersed, before the game was called off.

“There are no reports of injuries at this time.

“Police from Tuggerah Lakes Police District are working closely with event organisers and NSW Rugby League.”

Addo-Carr is expected to be named in Australian’s squad to compete a trinations tournament with New Zealand and Samoa.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm not sure why our club who pay Josh's big wage are allowing him to play in these events in the first place.

Secondly, if reports are true and he started the fight, I think the club need to have a word with him... a couple of small things over the year such as the dog shot on Reece Walsh are not a good look for him and the club.

Hopefully he hasn't done anything too bad and can take the field in round 1.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Well if he has done the wrong thing you can bet your life the league will not make a decision on penalty until after the tri nations tournament so they can suspend him from dogs club matches

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think it's going to be swept under the rug... for uh.. a certain reason

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Apparently he has copped a 2 match ban from the NRL. Since he has been selected for Australia, I don't think he will miss any game time for the Dogs.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
What a bloody joke, Val gets half that for drug abuse FFS!