• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News CEO of Warriors sponsor walks back shock ‘cheating claim’... then takes another swipe at NRL refs

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Chief executive of the Warriors’ major sponsor One NZ has broken his silence after it was revealed the NRL would review his extraordinary claims against referees.

Jason Paris accused referees of “cheating of the highest order” following the Warriors’ 18-6 loss to the Panthers in Magic Round.

Two New Zealand players were sent to the sin bin and debutant Demitric Sifakula’s striking action on Nathan Cleary was the most contentious decision of the game.

“Are you kidding me? How biased are the @NRL bunker and referees against the @NZWarriors? Have they got money on them to lose? It’s like we are permanently against 14 on the field and they want us to play with 12,” Paris wrote in a tweet.

“Imagine how the team feel - three games in 11 days and then this rubbish. Cheating of the highest order,” Paris also replied to a user’s tweet.

An NRL spokesman confirmed to The Daily Telegraph on Sunday that the league is “aware” of the comments and would “review them closely”.

Now Paris has spoken out after his claims were met with heavy criticism, praising NRL referees and withdrawing his initial stance.

“A bit of interest in my support for the mighty @NZWarriors Just to clear things up - I do not think the @NRL referees are cheating,” he tweeted.

“They come to work everyday to do their best job for the game. My comments were made in the heat of the moment as a passionate fan.”

However, Paris went on to reveal he still believes there is an “unconscious bias” against the Warriors putting his team at a “disadvantage”.

“However, I do believe that there is unconscious bias happening every week against the Warriors & it needs to be addressed,” he wrote.

“All we want is consistency, but we are not getting it. Take opinions out of it & analyse the video footage from past games & compare our decisions vrs other teams.

“I think it will find that we are being disadvantaged - then we can work out why & take steps to fix it.

“We will always back our team.”

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
If the media had any genital fortitude at all, they would ask his opinion upon winning against us with a try that is disallowed in every other game this season.
Whilst at it, I wonder if it would be prudent of Good Ole Uncle Arthur to express concerns about the Ref's overcompensation against us this weekend.
No accusations, more a comment expressing hope that it doesn't happen.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
That's what annoys me, and it's got me worried about this weekend as both teams have the potential to win this game, and it could come down to a bad call.

While we did get our own dodgy call against them, what annoys me is that yeah they got all high and mighty about it, not acknowledging the fact that it was against a fellow victim.. some of them even think it's an "Australian conspiracy". If only they knew how long we've been copping it.. two years or whatever they've had it bad for, is nothing.

I can see a scenario where Warriors win off the back of good rub of the green, Wahs fans stop complaining for a while, until they yet again get dudded when playing top teams.

This was a good opportunity for us to give that heat more momentum, but l can understand why we didn't back the One CEP up.. I just hope that if we get dudded this weekend that Laundy or somebody makes their own statement.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Actually I just wanted to add one last point..

Our club could really benefit from this in another way, and that's memberships, attendance, etc.. Who wants to attend a game when you're team is going to be penalised to the death? so often our guys can't even get into a groove in games.

Trophy Points
Yet Gould cops it for conflicts of interest. Go figure.

The NRL need to have a third party that rates referee performances and makes them accountable for mistakes by fining them (like what happens to players).

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Do you guys think bringing back the second ref would help? It's fucked how much we get penalised in the ruck for doing no worse than what the top sides get away with.

Trophy Points
Do you guys think bringing back the second ref would help? It's fucked how much we get penalised in the ruck for doing no worse than what the top sides get away with.
Tonights game versus Warriors, in the first half I swear the ref had us back 20m from Warriors, as they were making easy metres.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Tonights game versus Warriors, in the first half I swear the ref had us back 20m from Warriors, as they were making easy metres.

Yes I have often noticed in games that our 10 seems to be very suspect. Honestly I think it speaks volumes that they won't consider bringing back the ruck ref, despite the fact they want to bring in new rules almost on a monthly basis.