• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

England suffer stunning collapse as Starc and Zampa rip through | Australia v England 2022-23

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Steve Smith controlled Australia’s innings at the SCG before two separate bursts with the ball – from Mitchell Starc and Adam Zampa – proved match-winning as Australia took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the ODI series against England.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
if there's one sport that truly emphasises the power of a momentum shift it's cricket.. one single wicket can create a devastating ripple effect, no matter when or where on the order it falls.. Very impressive bowling display by the Aussies and in particular the two mentioned in the title.

Trophy Points
Cricket is such a see-saw. England have a run of being completely shit whilst Australia dominate, then Australia have massive slumps whilst England dominate.

I don't think anyone else really challenges either side do they?

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Cricket is such a see-saw. England have a run of being completely shit whilst Australia dominate, then Australia have massive slumps whilst England dominate.

I don't think anyone else really challenges either side do they?

In all honesty I haven't really followed Cricket with genuine interest since the days when India and Sri Lanka were really good.. I have no idea what's happening these days.

There's all the talk about cricket losing traction here in Australia but I just don't think it's promoted well anymore, I mean I didn't even know the world cup was on until I chance stumbled upon the opening match.

Trophy Points
In all honesty I haven't really followed Cricket with genuine interest since the days when India and Sri Lanka were really good.. I have no idea what's happening these days.

There's all the talk about cricket losing traction here in Australia but I just don't think it's promoted well anymore, I mean I didn't even know the world cup was on until I chance stumbled upon the opening match.
I kinda see it like Union. Something that is dieing off. That said with more Indians migrating into Australia maybe cricket will pick up with more interest.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I kinda see it like Union. Something that is dieing off. That said with more Indians migrating into Australia maybe cricket will pick up with more interest.

You never know I suppose.. Sometimes it just takes the right person or people to get things moving again.. I reckon the t20 really threw a spanner into the works because it became the thing everybody wanted to watch, and yet it's not really taken fully seriously by a lot of people.. so then you want the same audience to go and watch a test match which is not even close to the level of excitement of a t20. I dunno.. I think if anything the one-dayers could still generate more of a viewership with the right marketing.

Trophy Points
You never know I suppose.. Sometimes it just takes the right person or people to get things moving again.. I reckon the t20 really threw a spanner into the works because it became the thing everybody wanted to watch, and yet it's not really taken fully seriously by a lot of people.. so then you want the same audience to go and watch a test match which is not even close to the level of excitement of a t20. I dunno.. I think if anything the one-dayers could still generate more of a viewership with the right marketing.
I still really want to see World Series "Tip & Run" or "French Cricket".

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I still really want to see World Series "Tip & Run" or "French Cricket".

That would be great, the only problem is that some innings would be over quickly.. there'd have to be a workaround, like multiple innings or something.