• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

F1 F1 gun Max Verstappen cops international pressure over ‘racist and derogatory’ insult

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

TDS-Reporter

SM
Trophy Points
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen is under international pressure as the fallout from his “racist and derogatory” comments during the Portuguese Grand Prix continues.

Continue reading...

Feed courtesy of Fox Sports

Trophy Points
LMFAO he called them a mongol (short for mongoloid/retard), not mongol as in "what a Mongolian".

Talk about precious / an overreaction.

F1 gun Max Verstappen cops international pressure over ‘racist and derogatory’ insult
  • November 1, 2020 7:11am
  • by FOX SPORTS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen is under international pressure as the fallout from his “racist and derogatory” comments during the Portuguese Grand Prix continues.

The UN ambassador for Mongolia, Lundeg Puruevsuren, has written to Red Bull while the Mongolian government has complained to Red Bull and Aston Martin’s CEOs over Verstappen’s comments last weekend.

Following a collision with Lance Stroll in practice two, Verstappen sprayed the Racing Point driver on his team radio.

Is this fu***g guy blind? What the f**k is wrong with him? Jesus Christ. What a retard. I have damage. What a mongol. I swear,” the Dutchman said.

Verstappen has not given a full apology but said the words he chose were “not the right ones” and that he “never intended to offend anybody”.

That hasn’t stopped Purevsuren, Mongolia’s ambassador to the UN and World Trade Organisation, from delivering a complaint and saying he is “confident” the FIA will take action.

“I regret the use of racist and unethical language in public by Red Bull driver Max Verstappen during the practice of the Portuguese Grand Prix of the Formula One World Championship on 23 October 2020,” Purevsuren said in a letter.

“Sport is considered a symbol of unity all over the world and I believe that there should not be any form of racial discrimination in sports. I support the ‘We Race as One’ initiative of the Formula 1 against racism. But due to the abovementioned incident, I doubt that this initiative meets the reality. I am confident that in order to prevent the recurrence of such unethical behaviour in sports, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) will take actions against Red Bull driver Max Verstappen for his unacceptable behaviour of repeatedly using racist and derogatory language against any ethnic groups.”

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said he did not “condone” Verstappen’s language and that the team had spoken to their star driver.

“Max did not mean to cause offence,” Horner said. “They were made in the heat of the moment when emotions were running high.”