• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Jake Averillo to Dolphins from 2024.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Averillo To Depart at Season’s End​

Caitlin Glanville Media & Communications Manager
Wed 21 Jun 2023, 11:56 AM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm that Jake Averillo will depart the Club at the end of the 2023 season.
Averillo, will join the Dolphins from 2024 onwards. In the interim, he remains committed to seeing the season out at the Bulldogs.
"This is an extraordinary opportunity for Jake," said Bulldogs General Manager of Football, Phil Gould. "He's a local junior who has done a wonderful job for the Club and we wish him and his family all the best for the future."

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2023/06/21/averillo-to-depart-at-seasons-end/

Averillo to join Dolphins from 2024​

Dolphins Media
Wed 21 Jun 2023, 11:51 AM

The Dolphins have snagged another injection of speed for their roster with the signing of Bulldogs’ flyer Jake Averillo.
Averillo will join the Dolphins at the end of this season on a three-year deal that will take him through until at least the end of the 2026 season.
An outside back with plenty of pace, Averillo will join Broncos’ English international Herbie Farnworth in strengthening the Dolphins in 2024.

At just 22 years of age, Averillo already has an impressive 69 matches of NRL experience behind him after making his debut in 2020.
Dolphins’ chief executive Terry Reader said Averillo’s signing was another example of the Dolphins building their roster for the immediate future.
“Jake is a really good acquisition for the Dolphins,” said Reader.
He will add speed and class to our backline stocks and at the age of 22 the best years of his career are right in front of him.
“The Dolphins always said we would steadily strengthen our list in the coming years and I believe we have achieved that for season 2024.
“We already have a very competitive team and have exceeded many people's expectations with our team still in the hunt for a top eight position with 10 rounds to go, and we are going to be adding Jake, Herbie Farnworth and Tom Flegler next season.
“The Dolphins will only be stronger next year and that is something for our members and supporters to be excited about.”

Averillo has scored seven tries in 14 appearances for the Bulldogs in 2023, including two-try efforts against both the Dragons and Raiders, and averages over 100 running metres a match.
The Bulldogs’ Rookie of the Year in 2020, Averillo gained his first representative jersey in September last year when he represented the Prime Minister’s XIII against Papua New Guinea in Brisbane.

He will join the Dolphins when pre-season training begins in November.

https://www.dolphinsnrl.com.au/news/2023/06/21/averillo/

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Facts speak for themselves no matter what clap trap the club tells us and uses excuses. Currently we have the worst defence clearly by 54 points. We have the the third worst attack with 313 for and the worst differential by 41 points at minus 236.
We are sitting third last but one win extra by saints or wests could put us in wooden spoon contention yet again. In the last 5 rounds we have had a bye oh my that was a bonus! and in the last four games we actually played (..sort of) we have conceded 190 points or an average of 47 points per game. So where with all the new buys have we improved? We havent we have gone backwards in both defence and attack. Every year at the start of the season the club tells us we are on the up and up They forgot to tell us how far down the elevator can go. Record crowd at Belmore this weekend ..naturally it was a special occasion and both teams ended up crushed. Apart from the Reynolds send off it merely showed all the supporters how bad we actually are. Our ability to score after half time is relatively rare (doesnt this suggest match fitness is not there). We take 2 years or more to realise our halves are not doing their job so we finally give in and get Toby and we finally get better scoring opportunities but he cant do it all on his own. Our forwards are lacklustre and apart from Pangai junior when he uses his brains to distribute the ball in the right position we have no other ball distributors in the forwards. Our best defence and attack is a young fellow called Preston. He is too good for this side deserves a better opportunity at a better club.. i have been watching the dogs since the early 70s and this by far has to be the worst year they have performed since inception. Meantime we discard the wrong players now all playing much better football at other clubs like Meaney and Remis Smith and no doubt Averillo will look far better under Bennett. Now I havent got a football brain but something has to give big time in this club unless they wish to flounder on the bottom of the comp for many many years to come unlike Broncos who two years ago were at the bottom but soon pulled themselves up again. I rest my case for what its worth.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Gus and Co need to take full ownership of this season. I know they have a 1000 year plan, but the fact is, you can't go into an NRL season with by far the smallest pack and expect what's happened not to happen!