• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Jeremy Marshall King set to leave at end of 2022 season.

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Another Dog leaves the kennel as Dolphins pounce; former Eels bad boy eyes return: Transfer Whispers

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
June 1st, 2022 10:47 am

Bulldogs utility Jeremy Marshall-King is set to join Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins in 2023, rejecting an opportunity to stay on with the Bulldogs.

Marshall-King had an option to extend his tenure at the Bulldogs, but decided to play his trade for the NRL’s newest franchise.

According to News Corp, the 26-year-old’s deal is reportedly worth $200,000 a season.

At the Bulldogs in 2023, Marshall-King would lose his starting spot to recruit Reed Mahoney, prompting him to seek first-grade football elsewhere.

The rake could be a crucial signing for the Dolphins, who have been unable to secure the services of a No.9 so far.

Wayne Bennett has coached a member of the Marshall family in the past.

Step brother Benji Marshall played under Bennett at the Broncos, Rabbitohs and New Zealand national team in 2008, as the Kiwi side won their first World Cup.

Trophy Points
Whilst we do need a backup for Mahoney, Docker-Clay or Topine I'd consider the best options currently.

Bad Billy

Squad Member
Trophy Points
This is a great result.
He had an option in his favor and was going to be in Reggie’s next year.
Couldn’t be happier.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Has his best season and gets picked up by Wayne.. not a bad outcome for himself.

It will be interesting to see where they play him or if they'll just give him service drills all Summer and play him in a sharing hooker role with another player.

I'm not gonna sit here and act like I haven't complained about him but he's just one of many players who never got his flaws ironed out at our club.