• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Luke Thompson to join the Pack for 2020 NRL Premiership Season

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
via bulldogs.com.au
Fri 12 Jun 2020, 05:25 PM

Star International front-rower Luke Thompson will fly into Australia this week in readiness to join the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs after undergoing the mandatory Government 14-day isolation period.

After working closely with St Helens R.F.C. to secure an early release for the 25 year-old Thompson, the Bulldogs will welcome the dynamic forward to training at Belmore as soon as his isolation period ends.

Earlier in the year Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson & Chief Executive Andrew Hill flew to the UK to agree to terms for the 2021/22/23 seasons with Thompson and recent discussions have resulted in his early release from St Helens.

Thompson, who has played 157 matches for St Helens and was Man of the Match in last year's Super League Grand Final, had previously highlighted Canterbury's famed culture as a key factor in luring him to Belmore.

"Getting the chance to join the Bulldogs and be a part of a club with so much history and with such passionate fans is very exciting. Having spoken to many people at the club and listened to their plans for the future, I know that they are building for success and I'm looking forward to being part of that.”

Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson was pleased that all the hard work had paid off.

“We are thrilled Luke will join us this year. It’s a huge boost to our young team, and provides further experience to support our senior leadership group. We have worked really hard to get him here early, and it’s fantastic to see it come to fruition."

Chief Executive Andrew Hill was equally excited about Thompson being able to arrive earlier than originally thought.

“It is fantastic news that Luke will be able to arrive next week and be available to play this season after serving the compulsory isolation period. To have an International forward, seen by many as one the best front rowers in the game, arrive early is tremendous news for all of our Members and fans and a great boost for our squad for the rest of this season.

I must thank St Helens for enabling this to happen and Luke for showing great character in arriving early and being prepared to sit through his isolation phase before joining us.

We are hopeful that Luke will be out on the field representing the Bulldogs within the next month.”

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
via bulldogs.com.au
Fri 12 Jun 2020, 05:25 PM

Star International front-rower Luke Thompson will fly into Australia this week in readiness to join the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs after undergoing the mandatory Government 14-day isolation period.

After working closely with St Helens R.F.C. to secure an early release for the 25 year-old Thompson, the Bulldogs will welcome the dynamic forward to training at Belmore as soon as his isolation period ends.

Earlier in the year Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson & Chief Executive Andrew Hill flew to the UK to agree to terms for the 2021/22/23 seasons with Thompson and recent discussions have resulted in his early release from St Helens.

Thompson, who has played 157 matches for St Helens and was Man of the Match in last year's Super League Grand Final, had previously highlighted Canterbury's famed culture as a key factor in luring him to Belmore.

"Getting the chance to join the Bulldogs and be a part of a club with so much history and with such passionate fans is very exciting. Having spoken to many people at the club and listened to their plans for the future, I know that they are building for success and I'm looking forward to being part of that.”

Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson was pleased that all the hard work had paid off.

“We are thrilled Luke will join us this year. It’s a huge boost to our young team, and provides further experience to support our senior leadership group. We have worked really hard to get him here early, and it’s fantastic to see it come to fruition."

Chief Executive Andrew Hill was equally excited about Thompson being able to arrive earlier than originally thought.

“It is fantastic news that Luke will be able to arrive next week and be available to play this season after serving the compulsory isolation period. To have an International forward, seen by many as one the best front rowers in the game, arrive early is tremendous news for all of our Members and fans and a great boost for our squad for the rest of this season.

I must thank St Helens for enabling this to happen and Luke for showing great character in arriving early and being prepared to sit through his isolation phase before joining us.

We are hopeful that Luke will be out on the field representing the Bulldogs within the next month.”

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Best news from the club in 2 years. Let's hope he is a ball distributing forward something we have sorely lacked in the past few years to ignite our backs .

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Might lift Napa. I know that ranga has it in him to break an oppositions leg or fracture an eye socket. But since his move, he’s become a little pu....... I mean cat :sneaky:

I've liked what I've seen from Napa this year, but I too would enjoy seeing a broken leg or fractured eye socket

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
lol at sleeky changing to cat but you are right Napa is no longer an enforcer in the pack in fact have we actually got one these days so let's hope Thompson is the answer.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Be interesting to see if this is this season's turnaround point like DWZ was for us last year.
Hopefully his arrival results in a few decent local recruits to fill the voids that our juniors can't.

TDS-Reporter

SM
Trophy Points
thompson-here-webstory.jpg

Star International front-rower Luke Thompson will fly into Australia this week in readiness to join the Bulldogs after undergoing the mandatory Government 14-day isolation period.

Continue reading...

Feed via Bulldogs.com.au

Trophy Points
He looks better with a beard. I reckon he'll fit in really well with the lads as seems to be quite a character.

FUN FACT: He's not the first Luke Thompson at the club :) 2008 we had another Luke Thompson (iirc in NSW Cup) as a prop, but he never kicked on.

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Yup, the place where the local cuntstabulary respond to reports of crime by checking which regular's car is still warm!

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Absolute hole.
Leaves anything Shitney has to offer hiding in shame and I grew up around the bronx of all places!