• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Matt Lodge

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Speaking of grubs..... This one is likely not going to be re-signed by the Rorters.

Haha nah but in all seriousness, and I imagine it will be hard no's all round, but how would you guys feel about us signing Matt Lodge? as bad as what he did in the US, he seems to have a pretty clean record since, and you don't hear about him having any issues with team mates.. I saw him out at a cafe in Terrigal with Rooster team mates and he appeared to be bonding well with them.

pros:
  • You can't deny that every club he has been to, he's always been pretty consistent, and he was very good at the back end of last year.
  • We are crying out for a big middle man, and somebody with a bit of grunt.
  • He will likely be getting paid from the Warriors still, so we might be able to pick him up for a good price.

cons:
  • everybody knows the main ones.
  • since he now owns property on the Northern Beaches, he may actually for too much.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
If he is seriously vetted and has changed his ways, including seeking regular treatment and atonement for his 'stupidity', it comes down to price.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You'd want to know his recent drug history as well. I'm not defending what he did because his poor decision got him in those situations, but a person who is clean would unlike do something to a random family such as what happened in New York.

While I don't think Gus would want him, and fair enough, I think we have guys like Ray, Kikau, and Stephen Crichton who are strong community men who would benefit him.

It wouldn't be my first choice, but we need to find at least one big consistent middle for next year I think.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I suspect Manly will make a play for him actually. Or the Dolphins.

Manly could do with him.

Dolphins for sure, but I just wonder how much money they have left to spend on forwards.. Flegler won't be going there on the cheap!

Trophy Points
Manly could do with him.

Dolphins for sure, but I just wonder how much money they have left to spend on forwards.. Flegler won't be going there on the cheap!
Ohh true that, but Lodge will come cheap I reckon.

Manly or Tigers would be the 2 that could really do with him.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
My only thinking is, that we'd cop shit for buying him, and then some would say oh but he's been decent at the Rorters (not tonight of course).. but then even if he did have a good crack for say a few games, he'd end up getting Bulldogsd and go completely to shite, or cop a series of ongoing injuries lol.