• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

NSW Blues game 3 team

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
What players would you leave out? What players would you bring in? And what changes would you make to the roles of players selected?

For me and not out of bias, but Burton needs to play. He proved in game 2 last year that he has the competiveness at that level. He can also find the line at centre.

He's a good player, but I think Paulo could be replaced.. I just think because of his size that he doesn't have a huge impact at Origin level. Maybe bring back a Saifiti. Stefano out for RCG.

I'd definitely be replacing the Fox with a bigger body, somebody who can make more yardage and is not easily manhandled.

Dylan Edwards had to come in for Teddy, but probably won't.

Cody Walker in for Luai. I'd retain Moses given he did look promising at times but was let down by his teammates.

I'd probably give Robson again even though he was pretty average, but start Cook. And don't throw Cook into centres if NSW get an injury.

Maybe play Yeo off the bench? He's doing too much "link man" work that works for him and Penrith, but not the Blues.

Last edited:
Trophy Points
Official teams have been released.

Luai - DUMPED
Burton - DUMPED
Turbo - REPLACED
Gutherson - INCLUDED
Bradman Best - INCLUDED
Cody Walker - INCLUDED

Pretty much all the players that SHOULD have been in there for Game 1 or 2.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I don't mind the team myself.

Paulo did have to go.. great player but Queensland handle him pretty comfortably most of the time.

Murray starting will help.. Yeo is a champion but it's clear the Penrith style only works when you have all of their players, not just a handful.

The only cooked thing about it for me, is Gutho AND Robson on the bench.

Apparently Burton was all but in at left centre, until the Knights game happened.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
You reckon Freddy took my advice? Besides Edwards.. oh and Burto who WAS going to be picked.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
How did you guys see the game?

It was the best selected team of the series for mine. Obviously injuries were an issue for the opening games, but, and it pains me to say it, but credit where it's due... Cody was very good and he brought Josh and Bradman Best right into the game.

I thought Moses was good without being great, he steered the team around, kicked well, and defended well.

The forwards were much improved. They asked more questions of the defence. As good as Yeo is, the Penrith style doesn't work at Origin without all the Panthers players. Keon from Souths was very good.

Crichton was an absolute beast in defence, he's gone up so many gears.. he's always had good reads about him, but now that he's bulked up more he's got the hits in him.. himself To'o and Moses gave that edge of Queensland nothing.

Josh definitely benefited from having Cody there, but he still showed that hid speed and X factor will prevail if everyone else is doing their job.. it was a massive redemption for himself given he was all but done as far as being selected for game 1 2024 is concerned.