• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Pre Season Challenge - Week 2 - Discussion Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Trophy Points
This is going to be a really good litmus test for us.

Full strength Sharks vs full strength Bulldogs (sans any injuries).

Trophy Points
Lots to work on. Club did all the right things in the off season, but the reality is some players simply were NOT GOOD ENOUGH today.

If Flanagan has a future at the club, I'm not too sure how many games we can risk, before we make the call to replace him.

Reynolds did more in his limited gametime today, than Flanno.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
True about Reynolds, came on part way thru the 2nd 1/2, read the play, and called for a kick he scored off.
Flanno and Burton need to run onto the ball more.
It's not like Burton can't run a ball either, what with his performance as a centre.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I'm normally a Flanno supporter and I do like the kid but geez he struggles with natural ability.. his decision making was very poor and he also threw a couple of hospital passes. I thought Nu Brown looked decent.

Reed's game looked worse than it was due to a few errors, but he still looked good for the most part.

Skelton looks likely almost everything he has the ball. I haven't seen much of him defensively, but he needs to start.

Burns is hit and miss, but with the right players around him he had potential to make things happen.

Alamoti has power but I'm not sure if he'll be the best option to partner the Fox.. Josh did not see much ball.. but also Kikau going off didn't help... I feel like Skelton and Alamoti switching sides would be a good option.

Perham has all the skill but looks lost playing against men.. he is very hesitant.. maybe Casey or Avo would be a better option at 1, or even Burns.

Preston needs to start, he has good impact and effort level.

Pele needs decent minutes, as he's a handful for defenders.

Obviously these are just my thoughts, but Ciraldo is a smart guy, and as much as I've complained about the game, I think it's a blessing in disguise, and Cameron will be prepared for round 1.