• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Premiership-winning prop Roy Asotasi has returned to the Bulldogs in a mentoring role

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Roy Asotasi has returned to he Bulldogs — the club he won the 2004 NRL premiership with.

According to WWOS, Asotasi has joined the Bulldogs’ staff part-time in a mentoring role.

The former New Zealand captain first joined the club as a player in 2002 and played 84 games throughout his Bulldogs tenure.

Following his time at the Dogs, Asotasi moved to the Rabbitohs where he became co-captain of the club, holding onto the title until he left following the 2013 season.

“He made a guest appearance this week and the young guys were in raptures over him,” Bulldogs boss Gould told WWOS.

“He said he’d like to help mentor kids in our Academy program.

“The more the merrier. You can never have too many good people in your football club and it’s great to have him on board.”

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Good to get the old heads back from the years when we were a powerhouse.

Yep. Gus must be behind all this because I don't think Ciraldo walked in and went hey how about you bring every one of these guys back.. though he's obviously sweet with it.. I mean most of these blokes will just be popping once a week or whatever, but I think Bobcat who is Cameron's mate will be doing a bit more than some of the other's.

Trophy Points
Yeah Andrews a good bloke. Really down to earth and easy to talk to.

I wonder if some of these people will be heading to regional areas or overseas to keep an eye out for talent, and referring them back to the Bulldogs?