• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

News Robinson wants to keep same-day travel

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

TDS-Reporter

SM
Trophy Points
Trent Robinson has backed calls for a permanent move to same-day return chartered flights for NRL games, after feeling its benefits himself in the Super League. Robinson spent two years …

Continue reading...

Feed courtesy of Sportsnews.com.au

Kempsey Dog

Squad Member
Trophy Points
He has no cap and has a stacked squad so it works better for him if the other sides feel lethargic due to same day travel.

Trophy Points
Yeah, because a private jet large enough to ferry an entire NRL squad + support staff around, is cheap as chips.

I'm guessing upwards of $100 million for something the size that would be required?

K E

Eat Up Martha
Trophy Points
Yeah, because a private jet large enough to ferry an entire NRL squad + support staff around, is cheap as chips.

I'm guessing upwards of $100 million for something the size that would be required?

I can only think of one NFL team owner who has their own plane (Robert Kraft, owner of the Patriots). The rest use privately chartered flights. United, American, Delta etc.

Don't know why the hell any nrl team would need a private plane.

And you're right, a 767 would cost about 100 million to buy. Then maintenance, parts, fuel, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247wal...15/12/19/how-much-does-a-boeing-767-cost/amp/