• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team and Game Discussion Thread

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Our differential is starting to blow out now sadly but hopefully we can get a few wins since the storm is over.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Problem is we will need big wins, and we haven't been scoring big for some time now.

I think there's enough to suggest we will score a few tries against bottom sides.. but yea probably no big wins.. the main thing is that we get well away from last, and whilst we're at the bottom right now, getting one win is still a positive given there was only really two winnable games for us thus far.

Trophy Points
I think there's enough to suggest we will score a few tries against bottom sides.. but yea probably no big wins.. the main thing is that we get well away from last, and whilst we're at the bottom right now, getting one win is still a positive given there was only really two winnable games for us thus far.
Tigers are nipping at our heels and you'd have to think something like a new coach is going to change there before end of year.

We need to get well clear from the rabble at bottom of the ladder if we are to meet (lowest) expectations of 12th at seasons end.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We wont achieve this with Barrett's track record! the coach needs to look at himself in the mirror or give up . his winning ratio is getting worse by the week. If any team is going to beat us now it will be wests and then we will sink to the lowest like we have for three years now. We can make all the excuses under the sun re: like refs, bad calls etc but at the end of the day it is about how the coach moulds a possible winning team together. At the moment this coach couldn't even mould a piece of plasticine into a round ball. Being one of the boys may seem nice and cushy but it won't win games.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
We wont achieve this with Barrett's track record! the coach needs to look at himself in the mirror or give up . his winning ratio is getting worse by the week. If any team is going to beat us now it will be wests and then we will sink to the lowest like we have for three years now. We can make all the excuses under the sun re: like refs, bad calls etc but at the end of the day it is about how the coach moulds a possible winning team together. At the moment this coach couldn't even mould a piece of plasticine into a round ball. Being one of the boys may seem nice and cushy but it won't win games.

We desperately need to hear from the board. I don't care who we have played we have had a full off season and signed some good players but are freaking last again!! ..and playing very poorly.

boxer

THE BOSS
Trophy Points
I’m 90% sure if we replace JMK and make the halves touch the ball more we will get more points.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
The halves will have more time to make decisions as well. The service just isn't NRL standard.
Facts are facts pay attention Mr Barrett and stop making excuses every single week although I can understand your agenda is to survive as coach. you end with the dogs then no one will go near you as a coach again. We have the worst attack in the comp and the second worst defence and no matter what excuses are used it is obvious you have nothing to offer this team Barrett.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I have said for a long time get the forwards out of the important plays make the halves and backs work together . This nonsenes of not finding the halfway line in 6 play the balls is pathetic in modern day football. And when i mention forwards i look at our captain too who in my opinion is past his use by date in the team.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Facts are facts pay attention Mr Barrett and stop making excuses every single week although I can understand your agenda is to survive as coach. you end with the dogs then no one will go near you as a coach again. We have the worst attack in the comp and the second worst defence and no matter what excuses are used it is obvious you have nothing to offer this team Barrett.

The forwards have been good I will give him that but since we can't score points we're always defending and eventually that ends up with lopsided results... make any team defend most game week in week out and they will eventually break.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I have said for a long time get the forwards out of the important plays make the halves and backs work together . This nonsenes of not finding the halfway line in 6 play the balls is pathetic in modern day football. And when i mention forwards i look at our captain too who in my opinion is past his use by date in the team.

Well the problem is that Jackson tries to be like a Yeo but being a Yeo doesn't happen over night.. that's a skill Yeo has developed over many seasons.. if you want a link man I would play somebody there who is actually a good passer of the ball.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Jackson has had many years to develop like a Yeo he wont have that many left to do just that at his age.