• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

Season 2023 predictions

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Copy and paste this format, or use your own..

Premiers: Sharks

Runners up: Penrith

Minor premiers: Penrith

Wooden spoon: Saints

Origin winners: NSW

Dally M: Nathan Cleary

Coach of the year: Fitzy

Top 8:
Penrith
Sharks
Souths
Parra
Cowboys
Storm
Roosters
Bulldogs

Trophy Points
Premiers: Penrith

Runners up: Storm

Minor premiers: Penrith

Wooden spoon: Knights

Origin winners: NSW

Dally M: Mitchell Moses

Coach of the year: Ivan Cleary

Top 8:
Penrith
Storm
Parra
Souths
Cowboys
Sharks
Roosters
Bulldogs

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
After watching the Dolphins on the weekend I won't be surprised if Wayne can get them into the 8, but I'm still comfortable with my predictions, except for that 8th spot.......

Trophy Points
After watching the Dolphins on the weekend I won't be surprised if Wayne can get them into the 8, but I'm still comfortable with my predictions, except for that 8th spot.......
Yeah Bulldogs need a rocket up their arse at the moment.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Already looking like Brisbane are a clear shot at the top 4! if Carrigan stays on the field I reckon they're a lock

Trophy Points
Already looking like Brisbane are a clear shot at the top 4! if Carrigan stays on the field I reckon they're a lock
Gotta admit them and the Dolphins are looking really good this year so far.

Panthers seem to be coughing and spluttering early. I reckon they are missing Koroisau more than they expected.

Also looks like Luai and Cleary might be injured from this weeks game. If thats the case Panthers could be in some real bother.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Coach of the year is looking interesting. You'd have to think Kevin Walters is in the box seat, but if Warriors make the 8 that could come into play for Webster, and then of course there's Wayne and the Dolphins.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
I refuse to write off Ciraldo too.
If we make the 8 after our season and with our stock at times, they should knight the fella!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
I think our biggest problem is our size, like most teams including the Warriors can just power through us at times. I see plenty of positives but we've got to get at least one more experienced prop to the club for next year.

Trophy Points
Problem is teams are just ripping us up the middle.

Roosters hammered us that way on the weekend gone (despite the close scoreline and should have won it).

We are lacking size and experience. I still have hope for Thompson really lifting the forwards another gear.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Problem is teams are just ripping us up the middle.

Roosters hammered us that way on the weekend gone (despite the close scoreline and should have won it).

We are lacking size and experience. I still have hope for Thompson really lifting the forwards another gear.

Yeah it's a real shame because it's not a real reflection on Ciraldo's coaching when we simply don't have the big men in the middle.

I know Gus and co are hunting for props so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Trophy Points
Yeah it's a real shame because it's not a real reflection on Ciraldo's coaching when we simply don't have the big men in the middle.

I know Gus and co are hunting for props so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.
It's not like we don't have them, just we have had so many injuries in the forwards, it's taken our forward stocks back to Flegg/Massey Cup levels.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It's not like we don't have them, just we have had so many injuries in the forwards, it's taken our forward stocks back to Flegg/Massey Cup levels.

We do, but they're not very experienced.. I just think if we can buy one experienced prop at least for next year it will really help. Max King is a worker but hardly an enforcer type of player.

Trophy Points
We do, but they're not very experienced.. I just think if we can buy one experienced prop at least for next year it will really help. Max King is a worker but hardly an enforcer type of player.
Either Kings playing injured, or he's regressed bigtime from the start of the season.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
His last 5 outings are a mixed bag, much like the team in general. He had a good day against Titans and a decent outing again the Roosters, but against Parra he only made 35 run meters.

The team in general has regresses really badly, and it would seem they're at the period where they've given up on the season, so at least they'll start playing shackle free footy to finish the season which will be entertaining I guess.

Old Woof Woof

Squad Member
Trophy Points
unfortunately shackle free play by the dogs means they play like they did yesterday totally confused in attack. 18 times we were in the panthers 10 metre zone yet failed to post one single try in that periods. We shall become victim to the Dolphins next who do know how to get back into a game unlike us . Tries against the dogs this year are so easy the team just opens up in the middle and opposing teams go under the posts normally without a single hand being laid on them. Next year with Averillo gone we will have trouble working out which direction the opposing teams goal line is.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
unfortunately shackle free play by the dogs means they play like they did yesterday totally confused in attack. 18 times we were in the panthers 10 metre zone yet failed to post one single try in that periods. We shall become victim to the Dolphins next who do know how to get back into a game unlike us . Tries against the dogs this year are so easy the team just opens up in the middle and opposing teams go under the posts normally without a single hand being laid on them. Next year with Averillo gone we will have trouble working out which direction the opposing teams goal line is.

If Kikau sees out the year I reckon we get another couple of wins.. although it was still a bit clunky v Dolphins, and we left tries out there.. just with the pure size of the guy he can put defenders on the back foot.. something not a lot of our forwards can do.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
LOL I got one prediction right, and two top 8 position correct. Yikes! Who knows how next year will pan out.