• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

The dreaded INFLUENZA

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Has there been a really bad flu going around where you guys all live?

I've had the flu for almost two weeks and in all honesty it's probably Covid. My sister got it a few days before me and is still coughing, etc.

Any type of illness like this used to only ever last a day or two for me, and it was pretty rare.. now it seems to occur each season, and last for much longer periods!

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
Do a few rat tests mate.
I recently had it and my GP was able to prescribe me antiviral medication as my health deteriorated, which helped.

Trophy Points
Could be covid, or the flu really.

My doctor actually asked if I was interested in getting the flu shot this year, and I said "not at the moment, as I'm not really in contact with a lot of other people".

For me, normally I get sick if I get run down though. Like too many long nights or late hours, and the bodys immune system must drop a bit.

Biggest issue I have (apart from the obvious), is bloody hayfever. Seems I have really touchy histamines that even the slightest change in weather, and it's nose dripping like a tap, and me wanting to claw my watery eyes out.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Do a few rat tests mate.
I recently had it and my GP was able to prescribe me antiviral medication as my health deteriorated, which helped.

My sister did and she gave me some of her antibiotics, though I think it's finally coming to an end. It's crazy how long this thing lingers, like in terms of the actual symptoms they wouldn't be so bad if it was like, three days max, but man it grows old quickly.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Could be covid, or the flu really.

My doctor actually asked if I was interested in getting the flu shot this year, and I said "not at the moment, as I'm not really in contact with a lot of other people".

For me, normally I get sick if I get run down though. Like too many long nights or late hours, and the bodys immune system must drop a bit.

Biggest issue I have (apart from the obvious), is bloody hayfever. Seems I have really touchy histamines that even the slightest change in weather, and it's nose dripping like a tap, and me wanting to claw my watery eyes out.

That's been my issue, minimal rest. And even in my "down time" I'm on the computer so the body is still not in proper rest mode.

Yeah right! Sounds like people in my family. I'm lucky when it comes to niggley stuff usually, but I've still got a host of weird issues relating to my gut health/stress.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
So I was done with this "Rhinovirus" only to get it again about THREE weeks later... my niece caught it at daycare.. freaking mental this thing.

Trophy Points
So I was done with this "Rhinovirus" only to get it again about THREE weeks later... my niece caught it at daycare.. freaking mental this thing.
Is that the RSV thing which lets rip on your chest and shit?

Apparently its worse than covid currently is.

Trophy Points
Thoat mainly. I'd say it's what was put in the vaccine
Eugh, throat infections suck.

Though better than something on the chest I guess.

There's some really nasty chest infection doing the rounds at the moment (flu like symptoms, deleriously high fever, aches and pains, and chest really heavy). All my brothers family have had it.