• Hey you, yes you!

Signup is free AND easy!

Register today to unlock many more forums, and contribute to the newest Bulldogs Fan Community!

The Mole's 2024 rookies to explode at every club

Welcome to The Dog Squad Forums

Signup for FREE and join the community today!

Joash Papalii (Canterbury Bulldogs)​

Gus Gould and Cameron Ciraldo are trying to keep this exciting youngster under the radar - because he could develop into anything.
An unpredictable utility back, he played for NSW under 19s last year and is at home at both fullback and five-eighth.
Needs to build up a little but once he adds to his size and strength, he'll take the game by storm.

BomberBurton

Sending them high in the sky.
Trophy Points
I just hope we don't rush his development and allow him to come through naturally.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Definitely. I think Gus and Ciraldo have identified a big issue (besides our fg team sucking) but that is a lack of a genuine leadership group.. that's imperative for bringing the young guys through

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Definitely. I think Gus and Ciraldo have identified a big issue (besides our fg team sucking) but that is a lack of a genuine leadership group.. that's imperative for bringing the young guys through
Which explains multiple senior utility journeymen being signed.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
Which explains multiple senior utility journeymen being signed.

Yeah. Obviously Gould and Ciraldo like the work ethic from those guys.. people will joke about the "utilities" but these guys will back themselves to get starting spots.. Hutchison has had games just as good as any good Burton game in the halves

BomberBurton

Trophy Points
Yeah. Obviously Gould and Ciraldo like the work ethic from those guys.. people will joke about the "utilities" but these guys will back themselves to get starting spots.. Hutchison has had games just as good as any good Burton game in the halves
It may not be a spectacular season for us this year, yet the grind of the last two years, I suspect, will be seen in a few years, particularly with our juniors coming through.

Captain Ibis

Squad Member
Trophy Points
It may not be a spectacular season for us this year, yet the grind of the last two years, I suspect, will be seen in a few years, particularly with our juniors coming through.

I think the key is that the senior group is getting stronger.. I don't think many successful teams have not had a solid leadership group.